• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

NHS Covid 19 Tracing App

Help! My wife has been notified on the app that she needs to self isolate? What the hell do i do?

The app has allowed her to book a test at the Lib at 12.00 tomorrow, but surely i can't go to work despite the guidelines saying i should?

jack123 said:
Swanjaxs said:
Might not be any use to you, and your looking after a couple of people...

Exactly the reason you should download it.

Can you not see this?

You are right, as I typed that to Phil, I suddenly realized it's a bit more to it, and I have to protect them as well, I'll download it later once my phone has finished charging.

What's the one i'm looking for on the apple app store, I think in the past when I have taken a look, there seem to be many?

Fair play to you, I was a little sceptical when they first started talking about it but didn't hesitate now - if it helps reduce transmission then it has to be worth it.

Search for the NHS one, the app tile has the NHS logo

I downloaded it a few days ago but not sure what it does yet. Will find out when I've got a moment. My missus won't use a mobile phone because she's fecking nuts, so she won't be using it! We don't go into crowded or busy areas anyway but you never know.

PSumbler said:
jack123 said:
You are right, as I typed that to Phil, I suddenly realized it's a bit more to it, and I have to protect them as well, I'll download it later once my phone has finished charging.

What's the one i'm looking for on the apple app store, I think in the past when I have taken a look, there seem to be many?

Fair play to you, I was a little sceptical when they first started talking about it but didn't hesitate now - if it helps reduce transmission then it has to be worth it.

Search for the NHS one, the app tile has the NHS logo

Great Thank you..

Garyjack said:
Help! My wife has been notified on the app that she needs to self isolate? What the hell do i do?

The app has allowed her to book a test at the Lib at 12.00 tomorrow, but surely i can't go to work despite the guidelines saying i should?

Has she got any symptoms Gar?

What we've told our employees is, that if anyone in their household books a test, they must stay off until they get their result (negative). But if your wife hasn't got any symptoms, I'd say you could go to work (my opinion only, but that is what i'd recommend if it happened in our company).

The test and trace process can be a real danger to some businesses.

karnataka said:
I downloaded it a few days ago but not sure what it does yet. Will find out when I've got a moment. My missus won't use a mobile phone because she's fecking nuts, so she won't be using it! We don't go into crowded or busy areas anyway but you never know.

Mine told me this morning that our area had moved from low to medium risk.

So we got locked down :lol:

Garyjack said:

As NJ said if she doesnt have symptoms you are OK I think to carry on. My Mrs had a test a couple of weeks back at the Lib as a few in her work had tested positive and we were told to carry on as she had no symptoms

Garyjack said:

Looking at this should be ok? Although with the new local lockdown restrictions from tonight, who knows. https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/testing-and-tracing/nhs-test-and-trace-if-youve-been-in-contact-with-a-person-who-has-coronavirus/

I have taken this bit from the link: people in your support bubble do not need to self-isolate if you do not have symptoms

Neath_Jack said:
Garyjack said:

What we've told our employees is, that if anyone in their household books a test, they must stay off until they get their result (negative). But if your wife hasn't got any symptoms, I'd say you could go to work (my opinion only, but that is what i'd recommend if it happened in our company).

No symptoms Neathie. Tbh i think this is one monumental cock up again!

Garyjack said:

You only need to isolate if she has symptoms is my understanding.

Garyjack said:
Neath_Jack said:

Does it actually tell her why she needs to self isolate? (I assume it's because someone where she has been has tested positive?)

Garyjack said:
Neath_Jack said:

We've had test and trace mob involved with a few cases, and to say they are inconsistent would be a massive understatement.

Garyjack said:

If you're told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace or the NHS COVID-19 app:

self-isolate for 14 days from the day you were last in contact with the person who tested positive for coronavirus – as it can take up to 14 days for symptoms to appear
do not leave your home for any reason – if you need food or medicine, order it online or by phone, or ask friends and family to drop it off at your home
do not have visitors in your home, including friends and family – except for essential care
try to avoid contact with anyone you live with as much as possible
people you live with do not need to self-isolate if you do not have symptoms
people in your support bubble do not need to self-isolate if you do not have symptoms

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/testing-and-tracing/nhs-test-and-trace-if-youve-been-in-contact-with-a-person-who-has-coronavirus/

Garyjack said:

Your ok to go to work mate.

You only self isolate if your wife's test comes back positive.

Hoping for a negative result mate 🙏

PSumbler said:
Garyjack said:

Does it actually tell her why she needs to self isolate? (I assume it's because someone where she has been has tested positive?)

It's based on a score system, you have to be in close proximity to the affected person for an amount of time, it's a very complicated procedure apparently

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back