• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Novak Djokovic

• Thread starter Darran
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 99
  • Views: Views 5,682
Djokovic had Covid back in June 2020, seems he has had it recently (within 6 months) too, hence making him eligible for an exemption.
Some say there’s no such thing as Covid. 🤔

Dated 17th December

https://twitter.com/DjokerNole/status/1471843717271150592?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1471843717271150592%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fworld-australia-59920379

Courts have overturned the decision and now Australian government are deciding whether to cancel his visa again or not. Fantastic dramatic start to the tennis season!

I’ve stated several times nobody should have to have a vax if they don’t want it but if he stays in Oz it’s going cause big problems.
My cousin living in Perth couldn’t come home for his own fathers funeral 18 months ago but this bloke can fly there to play tennis.
Your fathers funeral or a game of tennis?
I couldn’t give a shít if he plays or not personally but somethings not making sense.

Darran said:
I’ve stated several times nobody should have to have a vax if they don’t want it but if he stays in Oz it’s going cause big problems.
My cousin living in Perth couldn’t come home for his own fathers funeral 18 months ago but this bloke can fly there to play tennis.
I couldn’t give a shít if he plays or not personally but somethings not making sense.

Disgraceful decision by the Court, there has been numerous Australians not allowed to cross a state border to return to their homes & yet an unvaccinated, up his own rectum,who thinks he's the billy big bollox tennis player can waltz virtually unfettered into the country.

If he can stay and play. Pound to a penny that he'll get a ton of abuse from the crowd, Melbourne has had an horrendous time with lockdown and they'll let him have it big time. Chances are he'll say fck it...walk off the court stating he doesn't need it.

Darran said:

We have family in Perth that we'd love to visit but can't. My issue in this case is whether any exception is being made for Djokovic and letting him enter the country when others cannot. If he genuinely and honestly did what he was asked and demonstrated his covid infection within 6 months if arrival fell within the rules then fine. If the Australian government have simply decided to revoke the visa just to make an example of Djokovic then I don't think that's fair.

We've seen enough of the "one rule for us, different one for them" situations and I think that is what gets people's goat. If it's Djokovic acting the Billy Big Bollox then he should do one.

I fear the Australian government are going to come out of this with egg on their faces.

The fact that Djokovic has ridiculous views on all sorts of things, not just vaccinations is a different matter.

Resolvenjack said:
Darran said:

Disgraceful decision by the Court, there has been numerous Australians not allowed to cross a state border to return to their homes & yet an unvaccinated, up his own rectum,who thinks he's the billy big bollox tennis player can waltz virtually unfettered into the country.
He can't be vaccinated because he recently had covid

sainthelens said:
If he can stay and play. Pound to a penny that he'll get a ton of abuse from the crowd, Melbourne has had an horrendous time with lockdown and they'll let him have it big time. Chances are he'll say fck it...walk off the court stating he doesn't need it.

He might get booed a bit during the first few matches , that will not bother him , I'm sure there will be plenty of Serbs shouting for him there too

So it seems like the Australian Border Force officials didn't apply the rules correctly and so the judge had to overturn the decision. The Immigration Minister will now look for a new reason to cancel his visa and will presumably make sure they stick to the rules this time!

Farce all round, but can't see the Oz government backing down now. If they do and Djokovic plays, he'll get plenty of abuse but is probably the player best equipped to deal with it.

The video out there of his fans surrounding the car they believed he was in was disturbing. If a Welsh sportsman was treated in the same way and was being detained near me, the last thing I'd think of doing would be to get out on the streets and protest, whether there was a pandemic going on or not. He's just a guy who plays sport who may not be allowed to play in a tournament, why do people get so worked up over it? Presumably there's a number of conspiracy theorist/anti-vax types in there, but that kind of blind fervent support of someone just because he's from the same country as them is a worrying sign of the time for me.

Best_loser said:
sainthelens said:

He might get booed a bit during the first few matches , that will not bother him , I'm sure there will be plenty of Serbs shouting for him there too

Not sure tbh buddy. He's always been a player who expects/covets crowd adulation, and the fact he'll be under prepared will add to his frustration and possible lack of form who knows. I've seen him in the past get really pissed off at a crowd giving him stick....and bet yer life it'll be lot more than that he'll get.
All in all tho....be good viewing.

sainthelens said:
Best_loser said:

Not sure tbh buddy. He's always been a player who expects/covets crowd adulation, and the fact he'll be under prepared will add to his frustration and possible lack of form who knows. I've seen him in the past get really pissed off at a crowd giving him stick....and bet yer life it'll be lot more than that he'll get.
All in all tho....be good viewing.
Yes, it will be tough , as you say the preparation or lack of it could take its toll
Could be interesting if he plays nadal, I don't think Nadal said anything wrong though tbh

JackSomething said:
So it seems like the Australian Border Force officials didn't apply the rules correctly and so the judge had to overturn the decision. The Immigration Minister will now look for a new reason to cancel his visa and will presumably make sure they stick to the rules this time!

Farce all round, but can't see the Oz government backing down now. If they do and Djokovic plays, he'll get plenty of abuse but is probably the player best equipped to deal with it.

The video out there of his fans surrounding the car they believed he was in was disturbing. If a Welsh sportsman was treated in the same way and was being detained near me, the last thing I'd think of doing would be to get out on the streets and protest, whether there was a pandemic going on or not. He's just a guy who plays sport who may not be allowed to play in a tournament, why do people get so worked up over it? Presumably there's a number of conspiracy theorist/anti-vax types in there, but that kind of blind fervent support of someone just because he's from the same country as them is a worrying sign of the time for me.
Yes they could still stop him but the fact they didn't do it already suggests they are wary of doing it , I think its a law more for stopping suspected terrorists , do they really want to use that on a nine times Australian champion who raised millions to support the victims of Australian bush fires

Resolvenjack said:
Darran said:

I tend to agree my friend.

Best_loser said:
JackSomething said:

Yes they could still stop him but the fact they didn't do it already suggests they are wary of doing it , I think its a law more for stopping suspected terrorists , do they really want to use that on a nine times Australian champion who raised millions to support the victims of Australian bush fires

Fair point. They'll have to weigh that up against the anger amongst Australians at Djokovic being seen to be above the rules that everyone else has had to follow. Given they made the decision to try and kick him out in the first place and the need to look strong given upcoming elections over there, I'd put my money on them trying again and the delay is them making sure their case is water-tight this time.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back