• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Novak Djokovic

• Thread starter Darran
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 99
  • Views: Views 5,678
Best_loser said:
Resolvenjack said:
Disgraceful decision by the Court, there has been numerous Australians not allowed to cross a state border to return to their homes & yet an unvaccinated, up his own rectum,who thinks he's the billy big bollox tennis player can waltz virtually unfettered into the country.
He can't be vaccinated because he recently had covid

That's pretty much a moot point mate, he has had the same opportunities to get vaccinated as the rest of us prior to him getting Covid.

I've already said on here that I'm no fan of Djokovic but I am one who tries to respect the rules. In this case, the entry requirements for the state of Victoria allow entry for those with a medical exemption the details of which must be validated by a suitably qualified body and the medical exemptions include, and I quote from the state's own website

"A certificate issued by a medical practitioner who is authorised by an overseas government authority or an accredited vaccination provider that is written in English or accompanied by a certified translation, that contains:

The person’s name as it appears on their passport

The person’s date of birth or passport number

A certification from a medical practitioner that the person is unable to receive a dose, or a further dose, of a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical contraindication, or an acute medical illness (including where the person has been diagnosed with COVID-19) or a documented diagnosed COVID-19 infection confirmed by a PCR test within the previous 6 months."

Therefore, if Djokovic can show he did indeed have COVID in December then to my mind he qualifies for the exemption.

I suspect this is now more about politics in that the Australian government does not want to be seen to allow in a high profile individual who is not vaccinated. However, the rules are theirs and are clear and I suggest the government is looking increasingly stupid.

For the record, I still don't like Djokovic

legoman said:
I've already said on here that I'm no fan of Djokovic but I am one who tries to respect the rules. In this case, the entry requirements for the state of Victoria allow entry for those with a medical exemption the details of which must be validated by a suitably qualified body and the medical exemptions include, and I quote from the state's own website

"A certificate issued by a medical practitioner who is authorised by an overseas government authority or an accredited vaccination provider that is written in English or accompanied by a certified translation, that contains:

The person’s name as it appears on their passport

The person’s date of birth or passport number

A certification from a medical practitioner that the person is unable to receive a dose, or a further dose, of a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical contraindication, or an acute medical illness (including where the person has been diagnosed with COVID-19) or a documented diagnosed COVID-19 infection confirmed by a PCR test within the previous 6 months."

Therefore, if Djokovic can show he did indeed have COVID in December then to my mind he qualifies for the exemption.

I suspect this is now more about politics in that the Australian government does not want to be seen to allow in a high profile individual who is not vaccinated. However, the rules are theirs and are clear and I suggest the government is looking increasingly stupid.

For the record, I still don't like Djokovic

Good post. It’s definitely all politics and like you I have very little time for Djokovic and definitely not his stance on vaccines and medicine generally. But he’s been treated pretty badly throughout this which unfortunately seems to be par for the course in Australia.

He will get absolutely hammered by the Melbourne fans though. And he’ll hate that.

Let's be honest here the rules around the globe are a joke, no consistency, no rhyme or reason half the time.
The amount of hypocrisy, double standards and BS are staggering. One rule for the rich, one for the famous, another for politicians and another for the plebs. They are making it up as they are going along.
Go over a border, different rules, what a load of bollox. Good luck to him I say.

Well it turns out that Djokovic went to meet some youngsters after he’d had a positive result. I suggest that’s not the way for a supposed role model to behave. Along with the way he’s behaving about wanting to be allowed to play in Australia, I think he has let himself and his parents down, as they vehemently backed him in his fight to play, and should publicly apologise for all the unnecessary aggravation that he has caused. He should also receive a lengthy ban from playing tennis in any tournaments for lying about the situation and possibly passing on Covid to other players and officials. He has had Covid at least twice that he has admitted to.
Also, either his agent lied on the submitted form or he lied to his agent. He needs to address this.

I liked Djokovic. "I made a mistake" has totally changed my view on him. His arrogance is cringeworthy as Mute says he needs to be made an example of. Throw him out of Oz and give him 2 year ban that would effectively end his playing days.

TheLoneRanger said:
Screenshot_20220111-154122~2.png

He admitted making a false declaration on his travel forms, insisting that his agent did not make Australia fully clear of his recent travels.

So ... It's all his agent's fault. 🙄😂

Surely it's his responsibility for what is written on the document not his agents. It's like these people who get checked at customs with bags stuffed full of contraban and say my mum packed my suitcase I didn't know what was in it.

Wonder what his answer would be to the question of if he hadn't caught covid , would he have had a jab or missed the Aussie open

Cancelled again, that's probably it now , Hawke and Morrison might need a better safe , pink panthers won't be happy at all

He's got a court heading on Sunday to presumably decide once and for all.

JackFish said:
He's got a court heading on Sunday to presumably decide once and for all.

Zero chance of a judge overturning an executive type order like this
The Joker has fvcked up bigtime

ScoMo is an utter arsehole. Think Johnson with a side plate of religious mania. Djokovic is a bigger arsehole.

monmouth said:
ScoMo is an utter arsehole. Think Johnson with a side plate of religious mania. Djokovic is a bigger arsehole.

I'm sure I read that he flew to Spain after testing positive for Covid, went and picked up an award also after testing positive, he must be related to Bungling Bonking Boris somewhere along the line :x

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back