• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Ollie Cooper

Swanjaxs

Roger Freestone
Reaction score
Looks like he's going to pick a booking up every time he goes into a challenge at the moment :shock:

Swanjaxs said:
Looks like he's going to pick a booking up every time he goes into a challenge at the moment :shock:

Yes, we need to see him putting himself about, but he does need a bit more head over heart

His form has dipped. Shame he didn’t put his chance away as it’s all confidence. We know he has the ability. Trying too hard at the moment I feel.

monmouth said:
We know he has the ability.

I'm not sure that we do.

He's a midfield version of Cullen for me. Lots of graft, a few goals in him but when you look for the genuine skills to make a difference in that attacking role there's not a lot there.

monmouth said:
His form has dipped. Shame he didn’t put his chance away as it’s all confidence. We know he has the ability. Trying too hard at the moment I feel.

Being a bit player doesn't help, but that in itself maybe says a lot.

Dr. Winston said:
I'm not sure that we do.

He's a midfield version of Cullen for me. Lots of graft, a few goals in him but when you look for the genuine skills to make a difference in that attacking role there's not a lot there.

As I've just posted not getting a good run, but maybe he has hit his level? Maybe he can get his second breath but I have my doubts. For now handy squad player but does need to step up.

After some really good performances last year he seems to have regressed at a rate of knots this.
Lack of game time doesn't help but he just seems to be trying too hard at times. And a real liability with his tackling as alluded to previously.

Brings a lot of energy and enthusiasm for 25 minutes whether as a sub or a starter. That's why he's a sub for 25 minutes and not a starter. Unfortunately he's all over the place and has no positional discipline and his tackling is poor.

Dr. Winston said:
I'm not sure that we do.

I thought last season he looked the part, but I do have rose tints for 'our' boys that make good, even if they are born in Derby...or Cardiff come to that!

monmouth said:
I thought last season he looked the part, but I do have rose tints for 'our' boys that make good, even if they are born in Derby...or Cardiff come to that!

He burst onto the scene all action and he was an easy player to like. Even then though there were questions for me. Doesn't beat a man that often. Not much in the way of assists or guile around the box.

As someone said earlier, he's a good option to bring off the bench but I wouldn't want to depend on him to create much.

He used to dribble and drive with the ball like a baby, had it coached out of him it seems

Know he has had an injury, but seems his form dipped when left outa world cup squad.

Allergic2Hoof said:
He's in the George Byers category for me

He's way better than Byers.

I like him but I'm not sure if he's what we need long term tho. Certainly not in a starting role.

I think we need to see Ollie in his best role and after a run of games. As someone else said, he was one of only a few who ran with the ball and could beat a man when he first burst on the scene.

I think he COULD be a decent no.10 and would have picked him ahead of Paterson until the past few games where Pato's really impressed.

I haven't given up on Ollie yet and do think there's a really good ball-carrier in there somewhere and we haven't got many of them, especially since Ntcham left and Ginnelly got injured.

He does need to control himself in tackles though....!

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back