• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Our next manager should be...

Pentyrchjack said:
This will be our fifth manager since relegation to the Championship or five managers in five years.

If we appoint someone who turns out to be good we will probably say goodbye in summer 2024 when that person is headhunted by a bigger or better club. So the search starts all over again.

If we appoint someone who fails, we will probably say goodbye to that person in summer 2024 and so the starts all over again.

Or we appoint someone mediocre and stay mid table and keep consistent mediocrity for many seasons.

The manager merry go around at the club is insane. To put it in context, dear Russell was the longest serving manager since Kenny Jackett.
I believe that Russell's predecessor actually served as manger longer than him as did Rodgers and Martinez

jack_lord said:
I believe that Russell's predecessor actually served as manger longer than him as did Rodgers and Martinez

Yes you are right and I need to edit the Wiki page of Swansea managers….

Tbh who else is stumped with a choice?.. I'm struggling to find a realistic choice.. Carrick and McKenna looks like the blueprint to follow in this modern football outlook like.. anyone dirty enough to give Ryan Giggs a go?

JackSomething said:
Are you Australian by any chance? Our manager from the MLS was a disaster, not sure the standard in the A-League is even as good as MLS.

I did limit my field to Australians. Was surprised to see Harry at Celtic.

Ange is doing well at Spurs.

I have not seen an MLS game but I cringed seeing Bobbly coach Wayne.

The Aus A League is lower than UK Championship for sure but it produces first rate coaches keen to earn and win more outside of Oz.

Looking like Chris Davies which Im not against

With regards to our managers leaving us, thats fine, managers and players come and go, but wasting 5-6 months every season changing philosophies, formations and players to fit a new system is just so short sighted
Martinez set a foundation, Sousa improved the defence on it, Rodgers added a few Chelsea youngsters to push us up and then Laudrup was peak
Monk was the downfall and apart from a season here and there trying to go back its been a turnover mess every season

Martinez, Sousa (shockingly) and Rodgers were all poached cause they slotted straight in, apart from Potter and Martin (shockingly the 2 managers we actually appointed to play the ol Swansea way) no one has wanted to touch our previous coaches

100% Young Tosh, with an experienced Championship Coach as No 2.

Not seen anyone else, realistically who could fit the bill.

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back