• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Our season in general

Before the season started we looked in trouble. Lost our 2 best players, didnt spend and brought in some unknown loanees. Staying up looked like a bonus.

Unbelievably we had a brilliant start to the season with a few lucky results and who would have thought Baston was going to be leading scorer in championship after 6 games! To be honest our position on table flattered us.

We probably levelled out through mid and later part of season with our depth and inexperience catching up with us. Our football wasn't good to watch

But the boys rallied and the loan signing hit their straps and we allowed ourselves a decent crack at the playoffs.

So it's been a rollar coaster. It will be disappointing if we miss the playoffs as we have played some lovely football the last few games and would be a worry to any team in the playoffs but we have paid the price for a couple of ordinary performances such as Luton etc.

What will be will be. I like the starting line-up we have but wish Gallagher,Brewster,Gueri,Wilmott and woodman were on our books rather than on loan as it's a false economy moving forward.

Cooper will be better with a year under his belt, so I'm happy enough to give him more time. His connections have been invaluable.

Our season in Haiku

Cooper not the man
Though perhaps he yet might be
Missed our chance again

Swanski said:
Before the season started we looked in trouble. Lost our 2 best players, didnt spend and brought in some unknown loanees. Staying up looked like a bonus.

Never thought for a second that we'd be anywhere near the drop zone in a division this bad. Can't understand the mindset that did. Had Potter stuck around I'd have been expecting the playoffs.

Dr. Winston said:
Hammy said:
Bit of a mixed bag really. If we had played with the formation we’ve played the last few games all season, then we might be looking forward to playing Cardiff in the play offs by now.

It's not just the formation. It's the intent to play with a bit of width. We've had the players capable of doing it all season, yet it's taken us a year including an unscheduled three month layoff to start trying it.

I hope Cooper has grasped it. I really do. It might make next season less of a chore to watch.

The odd thing is our attacking wide players were given too much of an opportunity, just one extra win was all we needed, it sums up the whole season, Cooper is going nowhere I'm certain, I just hope he goes somewhere whenever it all starts again.

N.Ireland Jack said:
Dr. Winston said:
Hammy said:
Bit of a mixed bag really. If we had played with the formation we’ve played the last few games all season, then we might be looking forward to playing Cardiff in the play offs by now.

It's not just the formation. It's the intent to play with a bit of width. We've had the players capable of doing it all season, yet it's taken us a year including an unscheduled three month layoff to start trying it.

I hope Cooper has grasped it. I really do. It might make next season less of a chore to watch.

The odd thing is our attacking wide players were given too much of an opportunity, just one extra win was all we needed, it sums up the whole season, Cooper is going nowhere I'm certain, I just hope he goes somewhere whenever it all starts again.

The brutal truth is though, we have been in or around the top 6 all season because of the total lack of any real quality in championship.

If we had the squad that took us from the championship last time we would have had the title won by 15 points

Darran said:
Have a lot of performances been shit? Yes!
Could a more experienced coach have got more out of the players? Yes!
Would 7th place in The Championship be an outstanding finish in a young coach’s first season in real football? Yes!
Do I have concerns for next season? Yes!

Hopefully the formation changes of the last few games show us that he can learn from mistakes. We will be relying heavily on loans next year.

It's the hope that kills us!

Darran said:
Have a lot of performances been shit? Yes!
Could a more experienced coach have got more out of the players? Yes!
Would 7th place in The Championship be an outstanding finish in a young coach’s first season in real football? Yes!
Do I have concerns for next season? Yes!

Decent summary that Daz, we’ve finished a lot closer to the play-offs than I thought we would & if you’d offered me this in August I would have snapped your hand off . . . . But we’ve been painful to watch 75% of the time & if we lose Rodon/Nauts/Routs/Dyer + all the loanees later this month we will need a very decent window to stay in this league next season.

I have no doubt that everyone wants to be entertained with beautiful passing football like Brazil from the 1970’s World Cup,I know I do but as I’ve said before first and foremost the result,the win has to be the priority but some of Steve’s tactics throughout the season have been wrong.
There are a lot of Swans fans tonight talking about the recent Luton loss but the most annoying one for me was Cardiff away where we seemed to play not to lose instead of to win.

Darran said:
There are a lot of Swans fans tonight talking about the recent Luton loss but the most annoying one for me was Cardiff away where we seemed to play not to lose instead of to win.

Before that the two games that annoyed me were Stoke and Barnsley at home, lack of effort and commitment in both those games.

7th is far better than I expected considering we lost our 2 main threats last season and replaced them with unknown loans.So I was expecting a struggle this year. The football I agree was not as enjoyable as last season. We may have lost points we should have won. However we certainly picked up many points we didn't deserve over the season. Next season Who knows.

Like the year 2020 it's been utterly forgettable... Worried for next season. Yanks out, Cooper out.

Really happy with the progress we made this season. As a young manager Copper has progressed and like all managers makes mistakes.

Even Potter made mistakes last year starting with the wrong 11 and having to make two substitutions at halftime after some dire first half performances. He even played Grines at full back on several occasions.

Likewise Cooper made mistakes but has found a good system lately. Two areas we have greatly improved this season is away from home where we have only lost four games . Not sure when the last time we only lost 4 away games was.
We have also significantly improved our defending from corners and free kicks.

One area Cooper can improve is our use of substitute, but it is not always a good idea to change just for changes sake. Use of substitutions away from home has been good.

We need to improve our home form too many defeats both this season and last where we seem to struggle against bottom of the table sides, though that happened last season as well, we lost to relegation team Ipswich 3-2 .

Our home form may be to the toxic atmosphere of our home fans who are too ready to criticise and moan at our players and several of our players seem to come in for very harsh treatment from our fans.

Away from home our travellering fans encourage the team for the 90 minutes.

Swanseafan said:
Our home form may be to the toxic atmosphere of our home fans who are too ready to criticise and moan at our players and several of our players seem to come in for very harsh treatment from our fans.

Explain the recent Luton fiasco then.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back