• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Our season in general

A case of so near and yet so far.

There's a massive playing squad transition to make over the coming two months. I hope that the combination of 7th place and Cooper's established contacts is sufficient enough to bring some exciting youngsters into the club.

It looks like we have the players to make the transition. If do.not get promoted I am confident we will be pushing for top six next season. Mainly due to the sucess of the loan players lubricating the conveyor belt. Cooper can continue his coaching with some very happy owners, he can be pleased with his rookie season. Well done.

In simple terms the squad is missing a grizzled tough nut player, either in midfield or defense to see out the tight games.

I see this season finishing much like Martinez’s first season with us going for it against Blackpool in order to make the playoffs and losing 3-6 at home.

Reading have scored quite a few goals even when they have lost, much like down here earlier in the season they can score from distance, Mulder looks incapable of stopping anything, They scored 3 against Blackburn away yesterday I think they could do the same against us too. Saying that also lost against Boro so who knows :lol:

It's a pity we won't be able to keep the same squad of players we have right now the loan players are gelled in.

Sherpa said:
In simple terms the squad is missing a grizzled tough nut player, either in midfield or defense to see out the tight games.

I agree an experienced ( captain) DM would have got us into the play offs. Im fed up of our players being bullied, MG has had a indifferent season as captain hopefully learning on the job. Kyle needs to be given a new contract along with Wayne as im told they have a good influence in the changing room. MVDH and Ayew can do one ASAP freeing up funds. Cooper must have been given the wink as to who he can have on loan so he should be able to have a good idea who he's after.

Me i always have an opinion but cant think of many who can fill the role, Gareth Barry? or there must be a eastern european who can at least sit in.

I wasn't expecting this. I was looking for info about how many points we've dropped in the dying stages of games this season and came across a table for points gained from losing positions and we're 2nd with 21 only behind WBA.

I also found a table based on results if all games had stopped bang on 90 minutes with no extra time and we would have been 6th now. Ironically, we'd have had 1 point less that we have now.

Baron Goblet said:
It looks like we have the players to make the transition. If do.not get promoted I am confident we will be pushing for top six next season. Mainly due to the sucess of the loan players lubricating the conveyor belt. Cooper can continue his coaching with some very happy owners, he can be pleased with his rookie season. Well done.

Next season will rely on one thing, what do the Americans want out of it.

Any "strengthening/rebuilding" even loan signings will be down to the budget they agree on.

Dr. Winston said:
Hammy said:
Bit of a mixed bag really. If we had played with the formation we’ve played the last few games all season, then we might be looking forward to playing Cardiff in the play offs by now.

It's not just the formation. It's the intent to play with a bit of width. We've had the players capable of doing it all season, yet it's taken us a year including an unscheduled three month layoff to start trying it.

I hope Cooper has grasped it. I really do. It might make next season less of a chore to watch.

A smallish squad the break has helped the young players by giving them a rest, plus we've had a chance to review the tactic, we probably wouldn't have finished quite so well without it.

Overall not a bad season!

Good season at the end in the playoffs.

35 points at home
35 points away.

Not sure when the last time that happened.

Any "strengthening/rebuilding" even loan signings will be down to the budget they agree on.
[/quote]

I take your point though there appears to be an element of negativity towards the owners. There are far more variables than the budget and owners. That is why Stoke have failed, they have the players snd the budget but generally struggled and then played out their cup final. Cooper and the Owners are responsible for the captaincy, the relationship with Ayew, keeping the experienced players available, some superb loans and there are other factors such as formations, form, injuries, luck and Birch buying a round. This all points to a decent budget and stronger team for next season.

Baron Goblet said:
I take your point though there appears to be an element of negativity towards the owners. There are far more variables than the budget and owners. That is why Stoke have failed, they have the players snd the budget but generally struggled and then played out their cup final. Cooper and the Owners are responsible for the captaincy, the relationship with Ayew, keeping the experienced players available, some superb loans and there are other factors such as formations, form, injuries, luck and Birch buying a round. This all points to a decent budget and stronger team for next season.

To date, the owners have not invested one red cent in our squad, although they have loaned money at a low rate. There will only be a decent budget if we sell a player (Joe) for a decent fee.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back