• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Passport Office Strike ...

Agggh! Great ours runs out next month.
Oh! Well skegness it is then.🤭

I support anyone striking, but how the f*ck can anyone afford to have 5 weeks without pay in this current climate?

Risc said:
I support anyone striking, but how the f*ck can anyone afford to have 5 weeks without pay in this current climate?

The union will be paying strike pay.

Jack2jack said:
Agggh! Great ours runs out next month.
Oh! Well skegness it is then.🤭

You wouldn’t be able to travel on a passport with a month left anyway.

jack_lord said:
Are they getting full pay?

Think so. In previous campaigns they’ve paid a flat rate (£40 per day) but in this one so far they’ve been paying full pay regardless of grade.

Itchysphincter said:
You wouldn’t be able to travel on a passport with a month left anyway.
I know mate, that's what I mean.👍

exiledclaseboy said:
Think so. In previous campaigns they’ve paid a flat rate (£40 per day) but in this one so far they’ve been paying full pay regardless of grade.
That is basically a five week break from work as they have no financial pressure pushing the buttons. Teachers may have 5 years off if the union was paying the wages ;)
I know the nurses were getting a £40 pound flat rate which helps but when you are a higher grade and bills to pay then the last thing you want to do is strike as the effect it has on the hospital and patients and you financially.

jack_lord said:
That is basically a five week break from work as they have no financial pressure pushing the buttons. Teachers may have 5 years off if the union was paying the wages ;)
I know the nurses were getting a £40 pound flat rate which helps but when you are a higher grade and bills to pay then the last thing you want to do is strike as the effect it has on the hospital and patients and you financially.

Clever move by the union to encourage participation in the strike. This is why unions have been fundraising to build up large financial reserves. Everyone knew this round of industrial action was coming.

Applied for my new passport on the 16/03/23 and revived my new one today

lucky_jack said:
Applied for my new passport on the 16/03/23 and revived my new one today

You are a lucky Jack, lucky_jack. 👍

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members