• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

People are judging Coleman and the results are plain to see

Opening day of 14 k is poor.
We were getting 11k crowds at Xmas the season we went up under Rodgers. We were floating around the playoffs but I don't recall going up ever seeming likely at that stage.
It goes to show how easily swayed we are.
We went from 11k to sold out every game in 4 months.
Its taken 14 years to get back to that but here we are.

I haven't attended a game in over a year now. As long as these fkers remain in charge that wont be changing.( I dont mean Williams. I quite like him as it goes. I mean the Septics )

Opening day of 14 k is poor.
We were getting 11k crowds at Xmas the season we went up under Rodgers. We were floating around the playoffs but I don't recall going up ever seeming likely at that stage.
It goes to show how easily swayed we are.
We went from 11k to sold out every game in 4 months.
Its taken 14 years to get back to that but here we are.
I think the malaise is more to do with our very slow build up play but yesterday was a stark contrast. The attendances will pick up quickly, especially if we win well next Sunday .

In my opinion, there were 3 games in particular from a few months ago, that have contributed to the walk up fans staying away. Big crowds and really, really poor performances where our strikers barely touched the ball.
Sheffield Wednesday (on a high after the derby)
QPR (bumper bank holiday crowd)
Millwall (big crowd, last game of the season).
Mates in work, football or up the pub who went to watch one of those games were not impressed.
Hopefully a quick win back if we can keep entertaining.

I think the malaise is more to do with our very slow build up play but yesterday was a stark contrast. The attendances will pick up quickly, especially if we win well next Sunday .
There most definitely is an element of fans wanting to be entertained.
There are also elements of the time of year (summer holidays still being in full flight) combined with cost of living
People find it harder to justify ticket prices, especially season tickets if they are not enjoying what they are seeing
Love and loyalty for their club only goes so far, especially when that money spent is being perceived to go to the owners rather than to the club (however true that may be)

Sunderland have 40 k there today. Whilst gate money doesn't mean much in the Prem it does in our league. They should really be challengers.

I don’t think entertainment is the right word. Miwaw fans have been entertained by coming back from 2-0 down twice and the losing both to late goals.

I think it’s more that we need excitement from our play by attacking with intent or, if not that, just winning. The games last season where goodwill was chucked away was with shit Russ-type-ball and losing to terrible teams, hardly troubling their defence or goalie. In fact, just like the Boro game only last week.

Lots of apathy among the fan base.. walking backwards football will never catch on in the get you off your seat world.

Maybe we are turning the corner now

It's not a surprise. The Americans have taken the piss out of the supporters for way too long.

Many people have been very patient with them, commendably so, allowing them time to prove they can learn from their mistakes and change the way they run the club.

They have not. And some people have finally snapped and run out of patience. I don't blame them.

If you treat fans with contempt, don't be surprised if eventually they return the favour.

Death by a thousands cuts spring to mind. It’s not always bad, but often when we do have a good game it’s been followed by dross. Over time that builds and people start drifting away. Throw in a disconnected ownership group, the atrocious management of last summer’s window, including hiring a manager who couldn’t be a worst fit and looked as happy to be here as at a wake…it all adds up.

There’s not a lot for people to be enthused about. We’ve had a few good games. Off the pitch, Ronald seemed to be the only thing to wake anyone up. But we’ve signed a few promising looking signings this summer, so fingers crossed we may have a better season.

Winning, especially at home, would soon perk things up. Last year was horseshit down there. Breaking into a jog now and again would be nice too.

Death by a thousands cuts spring to mind. It’s not always bad, but often when we do have a good game it’s been followed by dross. Over time that builds and people start drifting away. Throw in a disconnected ownership group, the atrocious management of last summer’s window, including hiring a manager who couldn’t be a worst fit and looked as happy to be here as at a wake…it all adds up.

There’s not a lot for people to be enthused about. We’ve had a few good games. Off the pitch, Ronald seemed to be the only thing to wake anyone up. But we’ve signed a few promising looking signings this summer, so fingers crossed we may have a better season.
I'm aware of the danger of viewing history through rose-tinted glasses and there was definitely times under Martinez and Rodgers that we would struggle to break teams down, leading to calls for a 'Plan B', but our passing football then feels very different to our passing football now.

On days we were struggling to take the lead, it always felt like we'd increase the pressure and would spend the last 10 minutes of the game camped in the opposition half, even if we didn't always score. These days it doesn't feel like there's any real intensity in our game, even when we need a goal.

On Saturday, going 3 up seemed to release the shackles and suddenly we were all over Preston, playing fast-flowing football and cutting them open at will. Obviously them pretty much giving up helped, but why do we only start playing like that when we have an unassailable lead? It feels like managers want to be play pretty passing Pep-like football, but don't have the confidence to really commit to it in a way that could be a huge success or a disaster, instead being content to play sterile passes all game and marvel at our stats despite the result.

Is it just me feeling some excitement coming back to the Swans again?… in Eom and Ronald we have 2 bums off seats players that excite every time they get the ball.
Not just you, I also am starting to look forward to games again and Saturdays are no longer just a ritual

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back