• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

People are judging Coleman and the results are plain to see

Going back to the original post on this thread, I’m sure the walk up fans can easily be won back. I totally understand where they’re coming from but my gut is saying that this is the year we reverse the feeling of managed decline.
In the mean time, we seriously need to be more proactive in filling out the South Stand and its corners. Conscious that many families were on holiday but Saturday looked awful.
I don’t know anyone in my kids age group that was successful in last years grassroots scheme (I got my entry in within the first 2 minutes).
Could we also go to local businesses and offer discounted seats for certain games? Eg DVLA, Admiral, Jock’s Pet Shop…. “Here’s 100 tickets for £10”.
Those big empty blocks bug me.

We could learn from Bradford... community club always get good crowds in L2. Always trying to involve the City on match days.

Agreed. Eom snd Ronald are 20mil players in the making. Add VIP to that if he scores goals this season.
I would be very surprised if Ronald is in Swansea by end of next summer window. He's as close to the complete package on the wing as we've had since Routs.

I think the malaise is more to do with our very slow build up play but yesterday was a stark contrast. The attendances will pick up quickly, especially if we win well next Sunday .
3 goals for in last 2 games thanks to. Luke.

I would be very surprised if Ronald is in Swansea by end of next summer window. He's as close to the complete package on the wing as we've had since Routs.
He feels like Montero but without ligaments made of paper
Not quite as much pace as Jeff had but probably more trickery and definitely more fight in him

Jeff had one trick, go from 0 to 40 in like half a second, get to the byline and float a cross to the back stick. He was VERY good at that one trick mind you but it was like the only thing he could do

I'm aware of the danger of viewing history through rose-tinted glasses and there was definitely times under Martinez and Rodgers that we would struggle to break teams down, leading to calls for a 'Plan B', but our passing football then feels very different to our passing football now.

On days we were struggling to take the lead, it always felt like we'd increase the pressure and would spend the last 10 minutes of the game camped in the opposition half, even if we didn't always score. These days it doesn't feel like there's any real intensity in our game, even when we need a goal.

On Saturday, going 3 up seemed to release the shackles and suddenly we were all over Preston, playing fast-flowing football and cutting them open at will. Obviously them pretty much giving up helped, but why do we only start playing like that when we have an unassailable lead? It feels like managers want to be play pretty passing Pep-like football, but don't have the confidence to really commit to it in a way that could be a huge success or a disaster, instead being content to play sterile passes all game and marvel at our stats despite the result.
We were on the up back then with a core of players developing together, a very clear identify. Now we’re having to rebuild pretty much from scratch. It certainly does feel very different. There are a few green shoots this season so far, so let’s just hope it’s not a false dawn.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back