• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Plymouth

Ringwood

Alan Waddle
Reaction score
If you thought we looked open defensively.. Plymouth look totally poor at the back and keeper.. Sheff Wed should be 6-0 up on today's showing.

Rooney working his magic. Whittaker very quiet, Ogbeta not Championship and Lowe working hard for the team.

I wish one of our players was capable of a 'purple patch' that would yield 19 Championship goals!
we had one, Piroe, did it twice and he was sold for £10m or whatever it was but no one has bit at Whittaker yet. There's reasons for that, just as there's reasons whittaker didn't get a sniff here.

Rooney was interviewed on Talksport the other day about who he thought should be the next England manager. It was like listening to a drunken 9-year-old rambling on. Plymouth Argyle deserves all they get.

I bet Whittaker was delighted on hearing that Rooney was to be Plymouths new manager :ROFLMAO:

Rooney was interviewed on Talksport the other day about who he thought should be the next England manager. It was like listening to a drunken 9-year-old rambling on. Plymouth Argyle deserves all they get.
This.

we had one, Piroe, did it twice and he was sold for £10m or whatever it was but no one has bit at Whittaker yet. There's reasons for that, just as there's reasons whittaker didn't get a sniff here.
I haven't forgotten Piroe, I was talking about the current squad and the slightly ridiculous claim that a player's purple patch can last an entire season (and the previous half-season he spent at Plymouth).

I'm not surprised no-one bid big money for Whittaker in the summer (although it's not over yet), he probably needs to produce a second season at a similar level first. Piroe had to do the same, yet he still hardly set the world on fire at Leeds, can't even get into the starting 11 any more.

I haven't forgotten Piroe, I was talking about the current squad and the slightly ridiculous claim that a player's purple patch can last an entire season (and the previous half-season he spent at Plymouth).

I'm not surprised no-one bid big money for Whittaker in the summer (although it's not over yet), he probably needs to produce a second season at a similar level first. Piroe had to do the same, yet he still hardly set the world on fire at Leeds, can't even get into the starting 11 any more.
The second season is always the hardest after patch that Whittaker had last year. The good players can produce year in year out.

Yeah precisely. One season wonder. Purple patch.

It's the Swansea curse striking again.

Yeah precisely. One season wonder. Purple patch.
I will agree with you that if he flops this season, he could well be a one-season wonder. I still laugh at the idea a purple patch can last an entire season and yield 19 goals, but I'm just arguing semantics at this point, so whatever.

Let's agree that it would be great if one of our players (Vipotnik?) could have a season for us like Whittaker did for Plymouth.

I will agree with you that if he flops this season, he could well be a one-season wonder. I still laugh at the idea a purple patch can last an entire season and yield 19 goals, but I'm just arguing semantics at this point, so whatever.

Let's agree that it would be great if one of our players (Vipotnik?) could have a season for us like Whittaker did for Plymouth.

Yes agree there, if he doesn't, we're in trouble sadly.

Swansea City v Bristol City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back