• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Rangers cool their interest in Morgan Whittaker?

swansnews

Administrator
Reaction score
It is difficult to know what happens next for Morgan Whittaker with reports surfacing yesterday that Rangers have cooled their interest in the player which could mean a move North of the border is off the cards. Whittaker was a target for the Scottish Giants in the January window but the Swans held...

Read more

I think if we play a high press and on the front foot might suit MW.. Teams currently play through us quite easily to the half way line as we don't defend higher up the field

Rangers interest in Morgan Whittaker has cooled for a reason, they haven't got a pot to pìss into...

Maybe they watched him play for us in the 2nd half of the season was rubbish with a shocking attitude.

Should have sold him when his stock was high in hindsight.

Let the new manager take a look and see if he can better him, I still think there's a player in the somewhere

Supposedly Whitraker wants/wanted out because of Martin, Martin has now left so you would think he would see what the new manager was about plus the fact that Piroe is likely to be off.

There is an opportunity for him here if he really wants it.

guthrieintherain said:
Maybe they watched him play for us in the 2nd half of the season was rubbish with a shocking attitude.

If you were Whittaker, and you'd spent the first half of the season tearing up League One from a central attacking position only to be recalled and stuck under the coaching of a dimwit who mostly limited you to 10/15 minute cameos out on the wing your attitude might not be the best either.

Swanjaxs said:
Rangers interest in Morgan Whittaker has cooled for a reason, they haven't got a pot to pìss into...

Do you reckon?

Rangers have just signed a striker from Italian side Cremonese, he’s the second striker they’ve picked up from Serie A, fee is undisclosed but it was previously reported to be around £3m for the pair. They’ve also signed 4 other players including Jack Butland from Man Utd which can’t have been cheap.

Rangers are no mugs and they must really have seen potential in MW earlier this year.

For me, he deserves a chance to impress under Duff because Russ dicked him about.

MajorR said:
Do you reckon?

Rangers have just signed a striker from Italian side Cremonese, he’s the second striker they’ve picked up from Serie A, fee is undisclosed but it was previously reported to be around £3m for the pair. They’ve also signed 4 other players including Jack Butland from Man Utd which can’t have been cheap.

Butland was realesed by Palace mate so don't know where you got United from, Dujon Sterling released by Chelsea, Cyriel Dessers signed from relegated Cremonese (undisclosed) plus another couple of freebies.
Unless we are letting Whittaker go to Ibrox for a slab of Irn Bru he won't be making the trip up the road anytime soon :lol:

Ringwood Jack said:
I think if we play a high press and on the front foot might suit MW.. Teams currently play through us quite easily to the half way line as we don't defend higher up the field
Cooper didn't use the high press and very quickly dropped back to negate the lack of pace in areas of the back four to resolve Potter's team poor defensive issues.(also see Premiership relegation stats for our previous defensive decline)
Martin did employ the high press but given how deep we were sat initially the press was almost totally ineffectual at times especially after we just scored and our central midfield duo dropped so deep teams just played through us. Martin's second season with two new quicker defenders meant that when we played four at the back we could employ the high press better and meant the gap in the middle of the park was smaller except when we reverted back to 3 at the back or when the middle of the midfield dropped too deep.

Many teams picked us off in the last two seasons either because the team was too stretched leaving gaps all over the pitch or committed too many players forward leaving gaps in behind our defence that didn't deal with properly or we didn't leave enough players with pace to cover.
We lacked pace up front hence the reason Martin picked Manning to play as part of a three man forward line but to do that Martin knew we had to play four at the back

Totally agree a high press would aid MW but that press has to be executed selectively and properly, we will also need pace in more areas of the park to counter breakaways as we press forward.
Just hope we don't lose all our "star" players, Ntcham, Piroe and Whittaker.
Hope Duff can develop the likes Congreve, Ogbeta and others who seem to have pace or the abilities to take players on in wide areas and they are not sidelined early on like Martin did with a number of players.

Swanjaxs said:
Butland was realesed by Palace mate so don't know where you got United from, Dujon Sterling released by Chelsea, Cyriel Dessers signed from relegated Cremonese (undisclosed) plus another couple of freebies.
Unless we are letting Whittaker go to Ibrox for a slab of Irn Bru he won't be making the trip up the road anytime soon :lol:

He joined Man Utd in January from Palace and was on the bench for Utd in the FA Cup final. He also turned down a full time contract with Utd to join Rangers. Check it out if you don’t believe me. As I said in my post, the speculation is that Rangers paid £3m for 2 strikers from Italian clubs who were relegated from Serie A, one was contracted until 2027.

MajorR said:
He joined Man Utd in January from Palace and was on the bench for Utd in the FA Cup final. He also turned down a full time contract with Utd to join Rangers. Check it out if you don’t believe me. As I said in my post, the speculation is that Rangers paid £3m for 2 strikers from Italian clubs who were relegated from Serie A, one was contracted until 2027.

TBH I'm not really bothered about Rangers and how they are building for next season, as for Butland, he went to United on loan from Palace in January and was released by Palace at the end of the season and became a free agent, if, as you suggest, he chose Rangers over Manchester United then good luck to him...

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back