• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Relegation looming this season

Allergic2Hoof said:
Aye. Then started chucking silly money around the last couple of prem seasons in desperation

Which ended in failure, we’re best with spending little.

magicdaps10 said:
I think we are 11th highest spend at the moment behind(The Key fee hasn't been taken into account but even at 500k as rumoured then this would then put us up into joint 10th).
Birmingham
Bristol City
Coventry
Ipswich
Leeds
Leicester
Middlesbrough
Millwall
Southampton
Sunderland

I think the 4th current highest is in and around 7M and will certainly go higher than that.

Bristol City according to transfermarkt have spent £2.6m and Ipswich £2.99m.

Sunderland
Saints
Millwall
Boro (probably, although nothing disclosed)
Leeds
Brum
Bristol C
Coventry

All spent more so far.

Puts us 9th as it stands with a handful of signings due to come in, will will push us towards the end.

Longlostjack said:
Have a gut feeling that Bristol City will be in with a good chance of promotion.

Bold one, have they done some good business? Birmingham seem like dark horses with some of the signings.

DuffleCoat said:
Bristol City according to transfermarkt have spent £2.6m and Ipswich £2.99m.

Sunderland
Saints
Millwall
Boro (probably, although nothing disclosed)
Leeds
Brum
Bristol C
Coventry

All spent more so far.

Puts us 9th as it stands with a handful of signings due to come in, will will push us towards the end.

Bristol City signed
Ross Mccrorie for 3M
Jason Knight for 2M
Rob Dickie for 1M

Ipswich signed
George Hirst 1.5M
Jack Taylor 1.5M

And they actually signed a keeper from Man City and is classed as undisclosed.

Both clubs have spent more and as I say, going by the likely future spends then i would say top 4 spend will not be achievable unless we are looking at spending atleast 10M.

Longlostjack said:
Not all about the spend though is it. Where were Luton in the spending League at the start of last season?

Totally agreed, I have banged on about this for the last x amount of months.
It's all about being proactive and understanding situations and developing a plan to follow.

Fair enough, knight was listed as undisclosed on TM.

I expect us to spend another £2m-£3m this window. Not including loan fees for the likes of Rushworth.

£6m spend puts us 4th, only Coventry sitting above us in terms of teams not relegated from the EPL last season and that’s only due to them getting £17m for their striker.

I don’t think there can be any complaints about ownership on that front.

Longlostjack said:
Not all about the spend though is it. Where were Luton in the spending League at the start of last season?

That’s what they get criticised for though, always unfairly.

January I understand and they agree themselves that things didn’t go to plan. But what we have seen so far is a world away from that.

But people are liking the negativity at the moment despite us spending more than most in this league so far.

DuffleCoat said:
Fair enough, knight was listed as undisclosed on TM.

I expect us to spend another £2m-£3m this window. Not including loan fees for the likes of Rushworth.

£6m spend puts us 4th, only Coventry sitting above us in terms of teams not relegated from the EPL last season and that’s only due to them getting £17m for their striker.

I don’t think there can be any complaints about ownership on that front.

You expect us to spend double what we've already spent but don't know that & have no idea what other clubs are going to spend in the remaining month before the window closes.
Ranking us 4th on that basis is nonsense. That judgement can only be made when we get to the start of September. The jury is still out.

Manselton Jack said:
You expect us to spend double what we've already spent but don't know that & have no idea what other clubs are going to spend in the remaining month before the window closes.
Ranking us 4th on that basis is nonsense. That judgement can only be made when we get to the start of September. The jury is still out.

I do expect us to spend double yes, in fact I’m certain.

If you think that’s nonsense then great, come back to me when the window closes and if that’s the case then I’ll agree with you.

Ranking us 4th is what we would be as of today. I don’t see a mass influx of big money signings for most clubs this close to the season.

If we aren’t in the top 6 spends (or there about) then I will be stunned.

Feel free to bookmark.

Neath_Jack said:
You’re replying to a post from 2022 mind 🤣

Oh eck, how did I even find this thread? I swear it was on the first page :lol: :?

Some clubs have signed some high profile free agents (Norwich / Scum) which will have cost them a fair amount (or will spread over contract) but are probably listed as frees.

Some consideration has to go into outgoings too. Our net spend is low so far having brought in many for Obafemi, Whittaker, Joseph, Lati, Martin plus coaches. Our spend will be hugely negative should Piroe leave.

And also, this is from a low base to start off with, with the squad being short on numbers and depth and being imbalanced.

So I don't think you can look into our current spend and it's fairly lofty position in spend compared to others and it be particularly impressive or relevant.

Chief said:
Some clubs have signed some high profile free agents (Norwich / Scum) which will have cost them a fair amount (or will spread over contract) but are probably listed as frees.

Some consideration has to go into outgoings too. Our net spend is low so far having brought in many for Obafemi, Whittaker, Joseph, Lati, Martin plus coaches. Our spend will be hugely negative should Piroe leave.

And also, this is from a low base to start off with, with the squad being short on numbers and depth and being imbalanced.

So I don't think you can look into our current spend and it's fairly lofty position in spend compared to others and it be particularly impressive or relevant.

Disagree.

Take a look at net spend over the last 5 years and compare it to league finish, then take just simple spend + SV and compare that to league finish.

The latter will always correlate far more accurately than the former. A wise poster from elsewhere may well have proven this on more than one occasion :lol:

DuffleCoat said:
Disagree.

Take a look at net spend over the last 5 years and compare it to league finish, then take just simple spend + SV and compare that to league finish.

The latter will always correlate far more accurately than the former. A wise poster from elsewhere may well have proven this on more than one occasion :lol:

No need to further back, I'm comparing us at this very moment to our competitors.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back