• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Relegation looming this season

Let’s look at Coventry.

£17m in their bank account now. Judging things by net spend means they now have to spend in excess of £17m in order to improve on last seasons team, and in excess of £25m to compete at the top end - safe to say that’s clearly not the case.

Where in reality, a reinvestment of about £7-£8m should suffice to make them a better side, making them among the favourites for a play off spot.

That aligns with spend, as £8m will put them in the top 6 spends. It certainly doesn’t align with net spend which would put them in the bottom few.

Spend + SV always is a greater predictor of success than Net Spend.

So anytime we can have as minimal impact on the first team as possible and still spend millions, is something we should be praising absolutely.

I’m expecting a £5m or £6m spend with only losing Manning from last year. That’s cracking business.

Piroe will be extra to that of course as and when it comes.

Chief said:
No need to further back, I'm comparing us at this very moment to our competitors.

But you have to look back. There is no League data at this very moment; everyone is on zero points.

In order to know if taking net spend into account is more important than simply spend + SV then you have to look back.

I’d suggest you can go as far back as you like; in any league you like, and at no point will the former be a better predictor for success than the latter.

In fact, I believe this very discussion happened on the other board and there wasn’t one league or year in which net spend was a more accurate predictor than spend + SV.

So as it stands, the fact we have spent more than half the league and likely to spend more than 75% including relegated teams is something we should be happy about.

Especially when we have only really lost Manning from the players last season who most would look to start this one.

DuffleCoat said:
I do expect us to spend double yes, in fact I’m certain.

If you think that’s nonsense then great, come back to me when the window closes and if that’s the case then I’ll agree with you.

Ranking us 4th is what we would be as of today. I don’t see a mass influx of big money signings for most clubs this close to the season.

If we aren’t in the top 6 spends (or there about) then I will be stunned.

Feel free to bookmark.
I think it's nonsense ranking us 4th when you're guessing what we will spend over the next month without knowing what the other 23 clubs will do in that period.
Making the same point in September when we actually have the facts is fine.

DuffleCoat said:
Let’s look at Coventry.

£17m in their bank account now. Judging things by net spend means they now have to spend in excess of £17m in order to improve on last seasons team, and in excess of £25m to compete at the top end - safe to say that’s clearly not the case.

Where in reality, a reinvestment of about £7-£8m should suffice to make them a better side, making them among the favourites for a play off spot.

That aligns with spend, as £8m will put them in the top 6 spends. It certainly doesn’t align with net spend which would put them in the bottom few.

Spend + SV always is a greater predictor of success than Net Spend.

So anytime we can have as minimal impact on the first team as possible and still spend millions, is something we should be praising absolutely.

I’m expecting a £5m or £6m spend with only losing Manning from last year. That’s cracking business.

Piroe will be extra to that of course as and when it comes.

Would rather us get the Piroe situation sorted now than panic selling around deadline day for 6 mill which I can see coming from a mile off....... maybe we can hope to push a bit more with signings and convince him to sign a new deal (with a decent release clause, 25m?) and all parties are happy then

Manselton Jack said:
I think it's nonsense ranking us 4th when you're guessing what we will spend over the next month without knowing what the other 23 clubs will do in that period.
Making the same point in September when we actually have the facts is fine.

I didn’t rank us 4th. I said we are about 8th or 9th, when the window closes I think we will be in and around the top 4.

I stand by it.

To the OP relegation in July thats a new record even by Planet Swans standards.

Boro lost to Hartlepool drew with York and lost to Bradford are they going down as well.

guthrieintherain said:
To the OP relegation in July thats a new record even by Planet Swans standards.

Boro lost to Hartlepool drew with York and lost to Bradford are they going down as well.

The "OP" posted up this thread almost 12 months ago :lol:
You need to keep up mate, even by "Planet Swans standards" 🙄

guthrieintherain said:
And he was wrong then as well every year we get this

He was mate, Planet Swans posters are sooooo predictable 🙄

Other sites are available if you tire of us over here, and our negativity by the way 👍 :D

How tall are you you seem very aggressive
and have plenty to say I have heard from a few that you have plenty to say but nothing to back it up.

guthrieintherain said:
How tall are you you seem very aggressive
and have plenty to say I have heard from a few that you have plenty to say but nothing to back it up.

Give over you dafty :lol:

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back