• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Roberto Martinez

Always remember waiting outside the Brangwyn Hall the night of the league 1 promotion parade, Martinez invited me and a few friends in had a chat with us with Huw Jenkins and gave us some ‘promotion sandwiches' as he called them, lovely bloke despite the way he left.

Swansea93 said:
Always remember waiting outside the Brangwyn Hall the night of the league 1 promotion parade, Martinez invited me and a few friends in had a chat with us with Huw Jenkins and gave us some ‘promotion sandwiches' as he called them, lovely bloke despite the way he left.

A Swansea City great, no doubt.

Up there with the biggest of club legends for us.

Neath_Jack said:
A Swansea City great, no doubt.

Up there with the biggest of club legends for us.

Got the fishing rod down from the Attic I see :shock:

Niigata Jack said:

He was an important player during the great escape season and then promotion to League 1, then came back as manager and kick-started the greatest period in this club's history.

As long as you're not still bitter about his departure (It's been 14 years so I'd guess not), I'm not sure what there is to argue about in NJ's post?

JackSomething said:
He was an important player during the great escape season and then promotion to League 1, then came back as manager and kick-started the greatest period in this club's history.

As long as you're not still bitter about his departure (It's been 14 years so I'd guess not), I'm not sure what there is to argue about in NJ's post?

I'm not bitter, but what he did takes the gloss off his achievements here, for me anyway, he rightly deserves plaudits for our playing style at that time. He tarnished his Rep for me, so I don't see him as an all time great, he came up to meet the junior team I was running at the time, he came along with a couple of other players he was still playing himself then and he and them were great, I think Recco may have organised that, as he used to come and do a few sessions with the lads, trying to think of the other players who came with Martinez pretty sure Leon was one, my memory is poor though I think 3 maybe 4 players came up, but I'm struggling to remember who they were.

Then Sousa take it on further by making us defensively strong, but also stepped back with the playing style he had us playing, then Rogers hopped aboard and put the two styles together and we hit the Glory trail, then in popped Laudrup and the rest is history.

Niigata Jack said:

Definitely not fishing, his, Tosh and Brendan are our greatest managers in my lifetime, St Michael a gnats cock behind them.

Managers leave, they are either sacked, or poached by bigger clooobs, that is football. Take anything they say with a pinch of salt, same goes for owners, but what they do for the cloob and on the pitch is what counts for me, and Roberto done it on and off the pitch.

He was great for the swans on many levels and I am grateful to him, but there is no doubt that he’s pretty ruthless in his pursuit of personal advancement and a bit of a penis in general.

Itchysphincter said:
He was great for the swans on many levels and I am grateful to him, but there is no doubt that he’s pretty ruthless in his pursuit of personal advancement and a bit of a penis in general.

Would sell his granny for a buck of silver, and not as good a manager as he thinks he is. Detest the man.

cmajack said:
Would sell his granny for a buck of silver, and not as good a manager as he thinks he is. Detest the man.

I don't detest him, but I agree with the rest of your post.

Niigata Jack said:
I don't detest him, but I agree with the rest of your post.

To my mind, he kick started the greatest period in our history so for that, I'll always be extremely grateful. But even after the way he left, I don't detest him either, I reserve that level of dislike for people who are real scum rather than just flawed, which is what I think he is.

karnataka said:
To my mind, he kick started the greatest period in our history so for that, I'll always be extremely grateful. But even after the way he left, I don't detest him, I reserve that level of dislike for people who are real scum rather than just flawed, which is what I think he is.

What you telling me for, I never said I detested him, I replied to a poster who said that they detest him. :roll:

Niigata Jack said:
What you telling me for, I never said I detested him, I replied to a poster who said that they detest him. :roll:

Edited to indicate that I'm agreeing with you. :roll:

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back