• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Roberto Martinez

monmouth said:
Darran said:
One of the most overrated managers in thx world.

Journeyman player who somehow managed to use a press profile to turn a single lucky smash and grab one time in 100 FA Cup win into a reputation for talented management. Some folks just get lucky I suppose. Never good enough for Everton, never mind Barca.

He was, however, bloody good for us and I’ll always remember those two seasons with joy. Even got a good tune out of Gorka. We were silly to think he meant what he said literally; I’m sure he never thought at the time that PL cloobs would come in for him. Yeah he did some underhand stuff, but they all do. I was poleaxe by it at the time but we grew stronger, so there’s no point in animosity now. If he could make a silk purse out of that Catalan basketpig then good luck to him. And we can still take reflected glory. As someone said on the other site, where’s Dave Jones now.

I wholeheartedly concur.

monmouth said:
Darran said:

Journeyman player who somehow managed to use a press profile to turn a single lucky smash and grab one time in 100 FA Cup win into a reputation for talented management. Some folks just get lucky I suppose. Never good enough for Everton, never mind Barca.

He was, however, bloody good for us and I’ll always remember those two seasons with joy. Even got a good tune out of Gorka. We were silly to think he meant what he said literally; I’m sure he never thought at the time that PL cloobs would come in for him. Yeah he did some underhand stuff, but they all do. I was poleaxe by it at the time but we grew stronger, so there’s no point in animosity now. If he could make a silk purse out of that Catalan basketpig then good luck to him. And we can still take reflected glory. As someone said on the other site, where’s Dave Jones now.

Fůck him....

If true, being a massive f**king Catalan then I don't think they would need to wait for the reply

ABSwan said:
Maybe he can throw a few players our way.

He'll need all the players they got, they haven't a pot to piss in, Barca is a job from hell in their present state.

monmouth said:
Darran said:

Agree with all of this. If he wouldn't have won that FA cup he would have rued the day he walked out of here.

He was good for this club, and I have no animosity towards him, however I don't think he would have taken us to the Premier League if he'd have stayed until he had the sack. As it transpired, his departure was excellent timing. Sousa came in and sorted the defence and teed things up for an excellent season under Brenda. All three played their part and all moved on at the right time for us, and take any of the three out of the equation and we wouldn't have made it to the EPL.

But hindsight is a wonderful thing, which is why the animosity towards him at the time was justified and any anger felt towards him now is misplaced, now that we know his departure at that time was a good thing for our club and now that we know that despite holding some big jobs since leaving he hasn't had much success.

The football Wigan played under him was no where near what we saw under Rodgers and Laudrup in terms of style, not in the same ball park, his time at Everton was poor, and he's let the golden generation of Belgian slip away with a whimper, with nothing to show for it.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back