• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Rodon

• Thread starter Risc
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 21
  • Views: Views 3,146
Me disingenous? You were the one claiming that Spurs "never played him", which was patently untrue.

I'm really not understanding why people think a player with zero top level experience was worth more than Spurs paid for him. Maybe someday someone will come up with an explanation that makes sense.

Dr. Winston said:
Me disingenous? You were the one claiming that Spurs "never played him", which was patently untrue.

I'm really not understanding why people think a player with zero top level experience was worth more than Spurs paid for him. Maybe someday someone will come up with an explanation that makes sense.

You're being disingenuous in that very post. Yes I used the term 'never'. While not literally true, he did play very little for Spurs. But you know this. I've given you the stats - the fact his value has increased even with his meagre appearance figures speak volumes.

Chief said:
Dr. Winston said:

You're being disingenuous in that very post. Yes I used the term 'never'. While not literally true, he did play very little for Spurs. But you know this. I've given you the stats - the fact his value has increased even with his meagre appearance figures speak volumes.

24 games in 2 seasons at a top PL club, plus 18 Welsh appearances in that time (some of them at a major tournament) is obviously going to inflate a player's value more than 50 Championship appearances for us.

Did we sell a little low? I'd say so and would have thought £10m would have been more like the right amount. Hopefully whatever sell-on clause we have will mean we'll get the total earned for Rodon up to around that figure.

Yea but as I say, only 3 league appearances last season, which didn't amount to even 90 minutes in total, so a big reduction on the season previous, so his value should have slumped.

The Wales aspect is a bit of red herring in my opinion, he was already a starter for Wales while at the Swans and it was obvious that he'd continue to be whether he'd stayed, gone to Spurs for £20million or gone to Spurs for the reported £11million they did pay.

I remember add-ons being part of the deal (that surely haven't been triggered) but I don't recall any talk of sell on fees unfortunately.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/joe-rodon-rennes-welsh-swansea-french-b2135900.html

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back