• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Routledge

Skippyjack

Alan Curtis
Reaction score
There was eyebrows raised with his inclusion, but what a performance up top MOTM by a distance

thefranchise said:
He is a master of the old ways

His touch and vision was first class today, something that hasn't been seen since a good 15 games ago

I've always rated him. He's getting on in terms of age and while he's probably loss a yard of pace, and a bit of his fitness he's still got the skill, an eye for a pass and he reads the game well. I genuinely believe he's some that should be groomed to become a coach and potentially a future manager. He's worked with plenty of different managers and got bags of experience.

He stitched it all together, still a very clever player.

MOM for me as well.

He held the ball up longer today up front more than the last 4 games combined. Brings players into the game, has and is a class footballer when fit.

MajorR said:
I've always rated him. He's getting on in terms of age and while he's probably loss a yard of pace, and a bit of his fitness he's still got the skill, an eye for a pass and he reads the game well. I genuinely believe he's some that should be groomed to become a coach and potentially a future manager. He's worked with plenty of different managers and got bags of experience.
Yes, great technical and tactical player and really sad his best playing years are behind him. Nice fella too, always willing to say hello. He is widely regarded by the players as the brightest (yes I know...!), so could defo make the transition to coaching imho.

Skippyjack said:
There was eyebrows raised with his inclusion, but what a performance up top MOTM by a distance

No eyebrows raised here.
ATM our most creative player and should be starting evry game.

Definitely the link today between attack and defence. His legs may go with age but his footballing brain should still be up there with the best at Championship level.

Well now he has shown what sort of player he is, again, surely it can’t be long before Cooper shows him the door.

He also stayed up front all game and kept 2 defenders busy all the time, with without tracking back. I liked the high press today.

Routledge showed that his footballing brain has not deserted him today even if he no longer has the pace he used to. His execution isn't always perfect (if it was he wouldn't have been with us for 8 years or so now) but he sees the pass and how to link play with quick football which we have been crying out for for weeks.

His pass through to assist Lowe for his first goal was so easy to get wrong but he had the angle and pace of the ball just perfect enough that the defender tried to get it and missed and that left Lowe with the extra second he needed to get goalside of the defender.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back