• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Rugbys gone soft mun!

Wing_Stand_Wood said:
Yes indeed! Stand in awe of 'natural' genetics, speed and physical strength often seen with Samoan, Maori and Polynesian types with their tree trunk legs, bull necks, barrel chests, wide backs and wide shoulders. One perfect example being Western Samoan 'professional 9 to 5' piano mover/worker the late Peter Fatialofa!

And yep! Put that lot alongside 'ruffy-tuffy' outdoor Kiwi's types who are naturally tough and physical with natural (as opposed to testosterone-cocktail steroid injected) aggression and strength e.g farmer Colin Meads and Buck Shelford etc.

Special mention to Terry Holmes who despite a lesser muscular build displayed incredible/unique/unnatural physical strength and power far beyond his bodyweight. Yes another who came from a more physical background that bred em tough and strong without the need of being injected with something to be so!

WOKE!!

Wing_Stand_Wood said:
Yes indeed! Stand in awe of 'natural' genetics, speed and physical strength often seen with Samoan, Maori and Polynesian types with their tree trunk legs, bull necks, barrel chests, wide backs and wide shoulders. One perfect example being Western Samoan 'professional 9 to 5' piano mover/worker the late Peter Fatialofa!

And yep! Put that lot alongside 'ruffy-tuffy' outdoor Kiwi's types who are naturally tough and physical with natural (as opposed to testosterone-cocktail steroid injected) aggression and strength e.g farmer Colin Meads and Buck Shelford etc.

Special mention to Terry Holmes who despite a lesser muscular build displayed incredible/unique/unnatural physical strength and power far beyond his bodyweight. Yes another who came from a more physical background that bred em tough and strong without the need of being injected with something to be so!

We've had some decent scrum half's Robert Jones was a tenacious little bastard he had to work behind a pack going backwards at a rate of knots at the time as well, Stan Laurel another goodun, I always liked Mike Phillips as well, Rhys Webb as well, but he does kick the leather off the ball far to much.

My father was a superb rugby player and shared your opinion of Robert Jones... He vastly prefered the bygone era of rugby that the likes of Robert Jones belonged to!.....Many prefer the skill(s), individuality, dynamism and expression that was taught and passed down by grammar school teachers and still indoctrinated a few years after that.

The modern game is way too 'heavyweight-crash-bang-wallop', predictable and robotic compared to bygone years in the opinion of many...... "Fleet of foot" meant high of entertainment imo. Sadly the modern game will have lasting consequences for the health of modern day pro's which is sad!

Crazy to think that there are now some modern day wingers out there that outweigh bygone international prop forwards by a few stone in weight!!!

I can say I was there, and witnessed the biggest ever free for all in all my years, both packs were going at it as one and all the backs piled in to each other on a one to one basis, it went on for a good five minutes with the poor ref and linesmen running around trying to put individual fires out, absolute carnage it was, and great fun 😂

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/swansea-australia-st-helens-1992-13906154

Swanjaxs said:
I can say I was there, and witnessed the biggest ever free for all in all my years, both packs were going at it as one and all the backs piled in to each other on a one to one basis, it went on for a good five minutes with the poor ref and linesmen running around trying to put individual fires out, absolute carnage it was, and great fun 😂

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/swansea-australia-st-helens-1992-13906154

Not very Christmassy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbPQ68NbWCU&t=30s

Wing_Stand_Wood said:
Not very Christmassy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbPQ68NbWCU&t=30s

Even the magic sponge couldn't save Huw from that sucker punch, or an early bath 😂🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back