• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Russell Martin - what a lovely man

Magic_Michu

Lee Trundle
Reaction score
I was struggling carrying a kayak up the beach at Oxwich with the baby in my arms… and he ran over to me and asked to carry the kayak for me, initially I didn’t realise who he was, and he insisted to carry the kayak to the car for me as I had the baby… then I twigged who it was… we chatted for a little while about life and kids etc… thoroughly decent guy.

He says he absolutely loves it here. He said he swam at Langland last night, SUPing at Oxwich tonight… he’s embracing living here.

May not be able to sort out a defence but he’s a lovely guy.

Magic_Michu said:
I was struggling carrying a kayak up the beach at Oxwich with the baby in my arms… and he ran over to me and asked to carry the kayak for me, initially I didn’t realise who he was, and he insisted to carry the kayak to the car for me as I had the baby… then I twigged who it was… we chatted for a little while about life and kids etc… thoroughly decent guy.

He says he absolutely loves it here. He said he swam at Langland last night, SUPing at Oxwich tonight… he’s embracing living here.

May not be able to sort out a defence but he’s a lovely guy.
Did you mention the army of support he has on here ? ;)

He definitely comes across as a thoroughly decent human being,whether that means he’s going to be a thoroughly decent manager is another story mind.

Wasn't it said in his interview not long ago that his kids asked to stay here even if he gets the sack :lol:

It's always grated me when fans shout or type personal Insults to player and management etc. Nothing wrong with criticising performance but the amount of personal digs I've heard over the years is ridiculous. At the end of the day they are all family people who just happen to be talented at what they do. We could be four up and people around me would still moan. :roll:

I really hope it works out for Russ.

Swanluke said:
It's always grated me when fans shout or type personal Insults to player and management etc.

Mostly anonymously through the internet by people who wouldn't have the stones to say it face to face. It really grips my shit when people tag them in on Twitter to do it.

I did Gnoll parkrun this morning and was hoping for a PB. Raced Russell Martin for the line, he kicked my heels, laughed at me on the floor and said ‘Swansea isn’t a proper club’
True Story Dat.

#Martinout

I'm sure he's a decent man.
Needs to sort us out to be a decent team.
Glad he's enjoying Gower.

Sirjohnalot said:
I did Gnoll parkrun this morning and was hoping for a PB. Raced Russell Martin for the line, he kicked my heels, laughed at me on the floor and said ‘Swansea isn’t a proper club’
True Story Dat.

#Martinout

An Exclusive?

I was at Rhosilli when I saw him kick an old woman's stick away, steal her purse and run off. I didn't see his face because he was wearing a hoodie, which shows how sneaky he is. Fact.

I only just learned of the Russell Martin Foundation, fair play to him ..

https://www.russellmartinfoundation.co.uk/

Big Gerry Cinnamon fan too.

https://twitter.com/sw37ans/status/1533173368073199617

If he had anything about him, he'd come and put my bins out next Thursday.

I know Russell's brother really well - they're such a lovely family. If you knew about their background, upbringing etc, you'd admire him even more. They genuinely are very humble and kind people.

Also, they've both done a massive amount of free charity/foundation work, but keep it really quiet. I respect that so much.

It doesn't make him a good coach or manager, of course, but it's nice to hear good stories about people at our club.

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back