• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Sacked for a joke about MP Carolyn Harris on Twitter

He says he was sacked on Easter Monday which was 5th April.

You have three months less one day to legally launch an appeal for unfair dismissal.

Best_loser said:
STID2017 said:
He was given advice from an experienced HR manager outside the company that he had indeed missed the opportunity to appeal.
The dedication this guy has inside of work and outside, helping many underprivileged kids as well as spending a lot of his own time helping those less fortunate than himself during covid.
He was sacked because of his politics, whatever trumped up reasons Morrisons gave.
A loyal, hardworking employee who was kicked in the teeth

His politics ? WTF are you on about

He takes a certain political stance and wears it on his chest.
This upset certain people
That is what I am on about

What's his politics ? Seeing as you seem to know him personally
Or are you just the latest troll making stuff up

J_B said:
He says he was sacked on Easter Monday which was 5th April.

You have three months less one day to legally launch an appeal for unfair dismissal.
[/quo]

Clearly he was wrongly advised on that point
Thanks

Best_loser said:

Yes I know him personally.
His politics are his business.
I dont agree with them, but I would not consider them in any way offensive to anyone.
Not interested in making things up.

From what I can see he only retweeted something, and added his opinion, observations of the picture, nothing wrong with that!

From the picture, she did look as if she was sleeping.

What I find strange, is the talk of it's too late to contest the possible unfair sacking, from what I read he went in bank holiday Easter, and was then dismissed..

Well according to a few sources I have read, he has 3 months to appeal, this is one.. https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/what-do-if-you-are-unfairly-dismissed#:~:text=If%20you%20were%20dismissed%20for,had%20worked%20for%20your%20employer.&text=You%20must%20make%20the%20claim,worker%20(rather%20than%20an%20employee)

Edit: Sorry, just noticed JB has already passed that point on, at the top of the page.

exiledclaseboy said:
J_B said:
I agree, on the face of it he’s going to win an unfair dismissal case hands down. He’s got a lot to say about it as quoted but not a word about taking them to a tribunal which seems odd to me. I think there’s another side to this story which might paint him in a completely different light.

It’s fairly typical local rag fodder. The reporters (can’t really call most of them journalists) don’t bother trying to get to the heart of any story, just a few quotes, a couple of pics of someone with a sad face, whack out a few hundred words around it and job done. Half a page filled and a bit of social media outrage before everyone quickly forgets about it. This one is even easier because Harris is an easy target. Local, in the public eye, a politician no less, also a woman and who doesn’t conform to the ideal of what people (mostly men) think she should conform to.

"don’t bother trying to get to the heart of any story" I'm going to take a wild guess here and say that you didn't pay to read this on line and you didn't buy a local newspaper. It's not that the reporters didn't "bother" to report this, that they are lazy or indifferent: it's that they no longer have the resources to report this. Which is why there are no longer journalists every day at courts or at public council meetings, because the money to do that is no longer there. If we want news for free, then the deal is that we will get press releases pretending to be news articles or this. That's what we ourselves have chosen.

Glyn1 said:
exiledclaseboy said:
It’s fairly typical local rag fodder. The reporters (can’t really call most of them journalists) don’t bother trying to get to the heart of any story, just a few quotes, a couple of pics of someone with a sad face, whack out a few hundred words around it and job done. Half a page filled and a bit of social media outrage before everyone quickly forgets about it. This one is even easier because Harris is an easy target. Local, in the public eye, a politician no less, also a woman and who doesn’t conform to the ideal of what people (mostly men) think she should conform to.

"don’t bother trying to get to the heart of any story" I'm going to take a wild guess here and say that you didn't pay to read this on line and you didn't buy a local newspaper. It's not that the reporters didn't "bother" to report this, that they are lazy or indifferent: it's that they no longer have the resources to report this. Which is why there are no longer journalists every day at courts or at public council meetings, because the money to do that is no longer there. If we want news for free, then the deal is that we will get press releases pretending to be news articles or this. That's what we ourselves have chosen.

All true.

Firstly there will be no tribunal as he failed to appeal internally, all avenues must be used before a tribunal, so if lodged thrown out..
No one knows the full extent here, was he on any final warning? Was there previous discipline?

The HR dept would have ensured that they have followed co. Policy on this to not leave themselves open to tribunal.
Now I'm not saying this wasn't a harsh dismissal, we just don't know the full picture.
I'd imagine he wasn't a TU member and I'm my humble opinion have been a rep for 13 years dealing with some complex gross misconduct cases as well as the odd tribunal, it can make a difference being represented, trust me!
The amount of cases I dealt with where people put things on social media, it was always my biggest bit of advice to members, just don't!
Bringing the organisation into disrepute, us gross misconduct, whether found or not, in all employers discipline policy

She looks like sleeping tp me, at the time she made a fuss of the reports she was, if she had a touch of humanity, she would appeal to Morrisons for his reinstating........and do her self a favour in the popularity status.

Has she been asked her opinion on the matter?

STID2017 said:
Best_loser said:

I dont agree with them, but I would not consider them in any way offensive to anyone.
Is he a Plaid supporter ?

Trampie said:
STID2017 said:
Is he a Plaid supporter ?
Possibly ...

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back