• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 20/21: The Official Swansea City v Nottingham Forest FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread

Which team will progress in the FA Cup on Saturday?

• Swansea

Votes: 32 91.4%
  • Nottingham Forest

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hughton angered by cup exit

Source: Nottingham Forest Official Site

Nottingham Forest manager Chris Hughton was unhappy with his side's first-half display in this afternoon's 5-1 defeat at Swansea City.

The Reds were knocked out of the competition at the fourth-round stage on a chastening afternoon at the Liberty Stadium and Hughton was left to rue his side's poor first-half performance as well as a controversial penalty decision from referee Kevin Friend in the second half.

Speaking after the game, he said: "It was a very disappointing afternoon for us. We conceded a very poor first goal which gave them the impetus they needed and we were simply not good enough in that first half. It took until the second half for us to change the way we played and change the attitude and then we were in the game. At 2-1 we were right in the contest and I felt like we could really push on from there.

"I thought it was an awful decision for the penalty from the referee and it changed the mood of the game. We weren't good enough from that point onwards to recover from that disappointment and turn the game around in our favour. I've seen replays from all different angles of the penalty decision and there's not one where I thought it was a penalty and in fact, a lot of us were expecting the lad to be booked for simulation.

"We were up against a side who were in confident mood because of where they are in the league and I thought we should have worked much harder in the first half. We found it difficult to get out at times but we should have stopped them playing as much as they did and I just felt we needed much more energy from the team in that first half.

"If you're away from home against a confident side and you don't think you can be as good as them as a footballing side, then you have to work hard to nullify them and we didn't do that. It's about the fundamentals in a game like this and if you don't do them right, you concede goals like we did and then you get punished.

"The most important thing for us at the moment is that it doesn't affect our league matches moving forwards. Today we wanted to progress to the next round of the FA Cup but we never gave ourselves the opportunity to do that and now we have to make sure that we bounce back at home next weekend."

Large

Chris you was outclassed today show some class mate you probably taught we played the best team in wales (because you read wales online) but we showed you today not with multi million pound players but lads like Liam Cullen who bleeds Swansea city . Not so worried about Ayews impending exit if we don’t go up now . Martin o neal could not save forest and the side was a lot better under him anyway Swansea oh Swansea oh Swansea oh city said I

FagsDavid said:
Chris you was outclassed today show some class mate you probably taught we played the best team in wales (because you read wales online) but we showed you today not with multi million pound players but lads like Liam Cullen who bleeds Swansea city . Not so worried about Ayews impending exit if we don’t go up now . Martin o neal could not save forest and the side was a lot better under him anyway Swansea oh Swansea oh Swansea oh city said I

I’ll stand here on the North Bank until the day I die ! 👍👍👍

LIAM CULLEN | IT WAS GOOD TO TAKE THE OPPORTUNITIES, I'VE WORKED ON FINISHING CHANCES LIKE THAT

Source: Swansea Official Site

Liam Cullen was happy to make the most of his opportunity after netting a brace in his fourth start of the season against Nottingham Forest in the FA Cup.

The 21-year-old striker showcased his finishing ability with two coolly-taken left-footed strikes against the Reds, helping Steve Cooper’s side on their way to a 5-1 victory over their Championship rivals.

They were Cullen’s second and third goals in a Swansea shirt, following on from his crucial effort in the play-off clinching victory at Reading at the end of last season.

And, having had to be patient given the form of Andre Ayew and Jamal Lowe, the academy product was pleased to take his chance to impress before an ankle injury forced him off late on.

“It’s a chance for the boys who are not playing so much just to prove we are ready to go if called upon, and this keeps our momentum going nicely,” he said.

“I was pleased to take the chance, scoring against Reading gave me a taste of what it is like to score and I wanted to get that feeling back.

“It’s been a bit of a dry year for me, and I have tried not to think about it too much, to make sure I kept playing my game and keeping calm when the chances come.

“So, it was nice to see them go in.

“I have been working on getting in the middle, getting in the six-yard and getting a clean contact on the ball.

“From that far out, that gives you the best chance of scoring. In the past two years I have worked a lot on that in training.”

Liam%20Cullen%20Forest%20goal.jpg

I was really impressed with the way he took his first goal. Looked simple, but it's never easy when the ball is dropping and the defender is so close to getting his head on it. Liam kept his concentration and met the ball with a cool finish rather than trying to leather it.

If that's a measure of his proficiency in front of goal, he'll be a very welcome option for us going forward.

https://twitter.com/ScrumpyNffc/status/1353307967584665600

https://twitter.com/ScrumpyNffc/status/1353313429210148864

CUP GOAL "A DREAM COME TRUE" FOR OLLIE COOPER

Source: Swansea Official Site

Ollie Cooper reflected on a “dream come true” after he scored his first senior goal in Swansea City’s 5-1 FA Cup win over Nottingham Forest.

The midfielder came off the bench to add the final goal of the afternoon as Steve Cooper’s side sealed a convincing win at the Liberty.

The 21-year-old, who has been part of the club since joining the academy at under-12 level, saw his low shot squirm under Forest keeper Jordan Smith in the 84th minute.

And it proved a moment to remember for Cooper.

“It's a great feeling - it's a dream come true,” said Cooper, who made his debut in the victory over Stevenage in the previous round.

“This is what you work towards - to get in the first team. To come on and score as well tops it off. It's what you dream of as a little kid - to be a footballer and score goals.

“Jamal (Lowe) had been on a driving run and the ball just popped up for me. I set myself, hit it and it's gone in. I was just over the moon and didn't know what to do afterwards. I didn't have anything planned; I need to start now!”

Cooper was on the scoresheet alongside fellow academy graduate Liam Cullen, who bagged a brace.

The youngster is one of a number of academy players to have been given an opportunity to shine under Steve Cooper

And Ollie Cooper is thankful for not only the chance to play in the first-team, but for the coaching and advice he’s been given along the way.

“My debut against Stevenage was a great moment, but I just want to play more. I want more minutes,” he added.

“To be given more time to show what I can do is nice and shows that the gaffer has trust in me.

“I've been on the bench a couple of times in the league and just waiting for the chance to come. I've been doing everything I can in training to make sure that when I get the chance, I'm ready. I think I did that on Saturday.

“It's nice to see that they trust me to come on and play in a game like this. The support I get is unbelievable.

“The step-up from the under-23s to the first team is obviously massive. But they've all helped me make that step and I just need to keep going now.”

Forest%2021_0.jpg

and if it wasnt for 'blatant cheating' we'd be 5 points clear at the top!

Fair dos though, must be tough watching us steal their play off spot with a six goal turnaround and totally outplay them to smash them 5-1, yes that's 5-1. Obviously all down to a dubious and lucky penalty, or they would have breezed it.

Going down I reckon, now they've had their new manager bounce.

monmouth said:
Fair dos though, must be tough watching us steal their play off spot with a six goal turnaround and totally outplay them to smash them 5-1, yes that's 5-1. Obviously all down to a dubious and lucky penalty, or they would have breezed it.

Going down I reckon, now they've had their new manager bounce.

It's got to hurt how much they have imploded since we did turf them out of the play offs.

MIDDLESBROUGH v SWANSEA CITY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back