• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 2021/2022 The Official Swansea City vs Peterborough United Match Thread

https://planetswans.co.uk/2021/10/30/swansea-city-3-0-peterborough-united-classy-swans-coast-to-victory/

https://planetswans.co.uk/2021/10/30/swansea-city-3-0-peterborough-united-your-player-ratings/

4 points off the play offs with a difficult start, coming into genuine form.

Made it look easy and the football is just getting better. Get the away form sorted and we can go all the way.

Quote me on this

A4Jack said:

Made it look easy and the football is just getting better. Get the away form sorted and we can go all the way.

Quote me on this
Our lack of any sort of pre season will come back to haunt us buddy. Yes we've a decent shout at the play offs but think we'll just come up short.
Hope yer right and I'm wrong.

A4Jack said:

Quote me on this

The fitness needed to play a possession based game whilst also closing the opposition down quickly is there, the press today was outstanding.
Have we got enough strength in depth to carry us into the playoffs... let's see what January brings 😏

Aubrey Hambone said:
A4Jack said:

Quote me on this

The fitness needed to play a possession based game whilst also closing the opposition down quickly is there, the press today was outstanding.
Have we got enough strength in depth to carry us into the playoffs... let's see what January brings 😏

I thought it was too early in the development for a serious tilt.

It’s not.

sainthelens said:
A4Jack said:

Quote me on this
Our lack of any sort of pre season will come back to haunt us buddy. Yes we've a decent shout at the play offs but think we'll just come up short.

Possibly fella. Think we will be near regardless. The fitness is improving though and we are going up in gears.

Just hope we will have this team in place if we don't make it this year. Even with our below par start, if we averaged it over a season we are mid 60 points mark. It's usually 70 to make the play offs

Aubrey Hambone said:
A4Jack said:

Quote me on this

I'm not sure what we need in January right now. Wing backs especially left back possibly but Bidwell has started to really adapt well lately.

Attacking wise perhaps an attacking midfielder but there's so much more to come and squad is reasonably balanced, in fact probably needing to lose some numbers.

sainthelens said:
A4Jack said:

Quote me on this

To be honest, the fact we’re even talking about this team getting into the play offs considering the managerial & player turnover, the lack of pre season and completely changing a style of play is absolutely phenomenal!

i think an ideal window would be:
- a young pacey lwb (loan or permanent from lower champ/leaague 1) to compete with JB for rest of season as bidwell has been decent.
- pacey no.10 a la Fosu

out;
- Fulton (take a mil)
- whittaker and cullen on loan
- dan williams on loan

being greedy:
- high profile loan defensive mid

Magic_Michu said:
sainthelens said:

To be honest, the fact we’re even talking about this team getting into the play offs considering the managerial & player turnover, the lack of pre season and completely changing a style of play is absolutely phenomenal!

i did stay start odf season we'd have a chance!

eteb said:
Magic_Michu said:

i did stay start odf season we'd have a chance!

Let's break this down. Muff n Fulham will tie up the auto spots. West Brom probably grab a play off pitch. I personally cant see Blackpool/Huddersfield staying there....so yes we've a shout. Stoke way too inconsistent/have Coventry peaked too early? Could leave Blackburn, QPR us and M'Boro along with Sheff Utd making a late push. Luton?...no fckn chance. So yes..a decent Jan window and who knows.

sainthelens said:
Let's break this down. Muff n Fulham will tie up the auto spots. West Brom probably grab a play off pitch. I personally cant see Blackpool/Huddersfield staying there....so yes we've a shout. Stoke way too inconsistent/have Coventry peaked too early? Could leave Blackburn, QPR us and M'Boro along with Sheff Utd making a late push. Luton?...no fckn chance. So yes..a decent Jan window and who knows.

Be interesting to see what happens with Ismael at WBA. He's under serious pressure at the moment.

Dr. Winston said:
sainthelens said:

Be interesting to see what happens with Ismael at WBA. He's under serious pressure at the moment.

They don’t like Fraudball on steroids?

monmouth said:
They don’t like Fraudball on steroids?

That's harsh. Ismael teams pressure opposing sides far more often in their own halves than we did under The Ponty Goblin.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back