• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 21/22 The Official Swans v Boro Match Thread

What will the result be against Middlesboro

• Swans win

Votes: 15 55.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Boro win

Votes: 4 14.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
3swan said:
Not a comment on today's performance, but I mentioned before kick off on Monday about the lack of changes, especially constantly hearing about players being tired.
With Bournemouth and Forest up this week (another 3 game week) wouldn't today have been the opportunity to maybe change things a bit. Ogbeta for one.

Was it more about keeping the unbeaten run going?

Probably makes Martin look great stats wise, that shot that hit the bar, was about all Wolfie could muster all game, that shot apart he was fecking useless, decent rugby tackle though l suppose 🙈😂

Niigata Jack said:
MrSwerve said:
How the f*ck can anyone in football say that our play at the back is clever or anything other than risky. It's idiotic.

Did you see Fisher passing to Naughts and then running outside the Middlesbrough player so naughts could pass back to him, if that had gone tits up it was 3 pts to Borough, ridiculous thing to do and after that l think the ball was more or less passed around near halfway line, we continually pass for the sake of passing, it’s pathetic, we not gonna get anywhere playing like that all we doing is slowing the game down and stifling our play and giving the opposition a chance to organise, we not good enough to do that and get away with it.

Some call it transition.

I call it not learning from our mistakes.

IF we are building for next season then I'm seeing very little to think that a play off place is available without a rethink of how we play out and defend as a team.

Without checking I'd heard only 6 teams have let in more goals than us in the Championship this season

Dread to think how many needless goals we have conceded this season by fannying around at the back...

Niigata Jack said:
3swan said:
Not a comment on today's performance, but I mentioned before kick off on Monday about the lack of changes, especially constantly hearing about players being tired.
With Bournemouth and Forest up this week (another 3 game week) wouldn't today have been the opportunity to maybe change things a bit. Ogbeta for one.

Was it more about keeping the unbeaten run going?

Probably makes Martin look great stats wise, that shot that hit the bar, was about all Wolfie could muster all game, that shot apart he was fecking useless, decent rugby tackle though l suppose 🙈😂

That reminds me of the late Alan Davies doing a rugby tackle at an away game at Torquay, A game we played in their 3rd team shirts from memory

Swanjaxs said:
Dread to think how many needles goals we have conceded this season by fannying around at the back...

Right on “point”, we need to sew up the loose play.

Muteswan said:
Swanjaxs said:
Dread to think how many needles goals we have conceded this season by fannying around at the back...

Right on “point”, we need to sew up the loose play.

Sorry if the wrong thread.😉

3swan said:
Niigata Jack said:
Did you see Fisher passing to Naughts and then running outside the Middlesbrough player so naughts could pass back to him, if that had gone tits up it was 3 pts to Borough, ridiculous thing to do and after that l think the ball was more or less passed around near halfway line, we continually pass for the sake of passing, it’s pathetic, we not gonna get anywhere playing like that all we doing is slowing the game down and stifling our play and giving the opposition a chance to organise, we not good enough to do that and get away with it.

Some call it transition.

IF we are building for next season then I'm seeing very little to think that a play off place is available without a rethink of how we play out and defend as a team.

Without checking I'd heard only 6 teams have let in more goals than us in the Championship this season

Yet we are amongst the Championship leaders in clean sheets. Weird considering how many times we've conceded multiple goals.

Saw a stat on the Beeb that we're almost certainly going to break the Championship record for most completed passes in a season.

I think Martin would point to us averaging 2 points a game on this unbeaten run and argue that playing this way absolutely can lead to promotion. Not sure personally, but this run certainly has earned him the right to continue doing things his way. I wonder how much difference having a summer implementing his methods will have on the team?

JackSomething said:
3swan said:
Some call it transition.

Yet we are amongst the Championship leaders in clean sheets. Weird considering how many times we've conceded multiple goals.

Saw a stat on the Beeb that we're almost certainly going to break the Championship record for most completed passes in a season.

I think Martin would point to us averaging 2 points a game on this unbeaten run and argue that playing this way absolutely can lead to promotion. Not sure personally, but this run certainly has earned him the right to continue doing things his way. I wonder how much difference having a summer implementing his methods will have on the team?

I don't want to sound too negative, but a large amount of our clean sheets have been down to the poor standard of finishing in this division.

Just thinking back to the Birmingham home game when they missed at least 3 clear cut chances .

Even today Boro had 2 very good chances that they messed up

Swanjaxs said:
Dread to think how many needless goals we have conceded this season by fannying around at the back...

I know fisher made a few saves, but we need a much better keeper than him, I’d have put Hamer back in long before now, l know he has some calamity moments, but he does command is area, Fisher doesn’t seem to know where to start in commanding his area.

3swan said:
I don't want to sound too negative, but a large amount of our clean sheets have been down to the poor standard of finishing in this division.

It's a fair point. It could go some way to explaining how we have so many clean sheets despite conceding 59 goals. The better teams with more clinical finishing (Fulham, Bournemouth, Forest) take the chances we give them, whereas the lesser teams fail to do so.

Although that falls apart a little when you see that Stoke have scored 6 against us this season and Reading 7!

Niigata Jack said:
Swanjaxs said:

I know fisher made a few saves, but we need a much better keeper than him, I’d have put Hamer back in long before now, l know he has some calamity moments, but he does command is area, Fisher doesn’t seem to know where to start in commanding his area.
In fairness they were saves you'd expect your keeper to make, and I agree, Fisher isn't an upgrade on Hamer, or even Benda imo.

Swanjaxs said:
Niigata Jack said:
In fairness they were saves you'd expect your keeper to make, and I agree, Fisher isn't an upgrade on Hamer, or even Benda imo.

They were, I was attempting to be diplomatic 🤔😂

Havnt read the whole thread, but hope Naughton got good mention. His block in the 2nd half and overall performance was excellent.
Enjoyed the game considering fck all on it for us. The first 15 mins of 2nd half was mental and thoroughly enjoyable.

I expected more from Boro seeing as they had something to play for. I thought Barnsley were better tbh. If we hadn't decided to give Boro a helping hand, we probably should have won that.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back