• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 21/22 The Official Swans v Boro Match Thread

What will the result be against Middlesboro

• Swans win

Votes: 15 55.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Boro win

Votes: 4 14.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This season has been frustrating. I think if we‘d cut out the silly mistakes we could have challenged for play-offs. Martin must take some of the blame by being too stubborn. He sticks to his principles and should have done more game management using the skills of the players that he’s got to work with. Can’t remember which game but we were down to 10 men switched to four at the back and didn’t concede. We‘ve squandered points. On the other hand I do see what he‘s trying to do and it’s much more entertaining and ultimately will probably be more successful. I‘ll get off the fence now and start picking the splinters out of my arse.

Longlostjack said:
This season has been frustrating. I think if we‘d cut out the silly mistakes we could have challenged for play-offs. Martin must take some of the blame by being too stubborn. He sticks to his principles and should have done more game management using the skills of the players that he’s got to work with. Can’t remember which game but we were down to 10 men switched to four at the back and didn’t concede. We‘ve squandered points. On the other hand I do see what he‘s trying to do and it’s much more entertaining and ultimately will probably be more successful. I‘ll get off the fence now and start picking the splinters out of my arse.

Think the game you mentioned was against Blackburn early Feb. We were 1 up with a first half Obafemi header and Manning got sent off in the second. We changed formation and shut them out.

One thing I noticed yesterday, which may or may not be significant, and that was twice in the first half, Flynn Downes was our furthest forward player each time popping up in their box in a scoring position. I can't recall him doing that in the whole season before yesterday so RM must have told him to do it as he doesn't normally like players breaking our shape and I can't see Downes wilfully doing something that isn't in Plan A.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back