• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 21/22 The Official Swansea City v Bristol City Match Thread

What will the result be against Bristol City

• Swans win

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Bristol City win

Votes: 10 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Spot on about the crowd. Could have been ugly after the mess that was Stoke on Tuesday and conceding just before HT, but stayed right behind the team.

eteb said:
Dr. Winston said:
Not a game we deserved to win 3-1 if we're being honest.

Another day the aimless passing around the back and several errors doing so would have cost us dearly. There needs to be some sort of indication by now that there's a purpose behind it and there simply isn't. It's Worlds away from the previous possession based styles that we've used in the past.

Still, biggest difference was that we took our chances and they didn't. Obafemi had an excellent game (the only one who did in the first half) and deserved more than one goal out of it. Piroe's goal will do his confidence good too.

disagree doc. More than good for the win.

Their goal came from a msitake (shock). We were easily better side.

I think we'll kick on when we get that lwb playing. We are crying out for someone with pace out there to match ghe right side. You could see so mahy times we had the opp to get out left and moved it right again due to lack of pace out there

You mention the mistake; we are a team that always seems to have a mistake in it when playing it around at the back. It’s a weakness in our game that we absolutely have to get rid off. There must have been four or five occasions in the first half where we lost possession when deep in our half.

eteb said:
Dr. Winston said:
Not a game we deserved to win 3-1 if we're being honest.

Another day the aimless passing around the back and several errors doing so would have cost us dearly. There needs to be some sort of indication by now that there's a purpose behind it and there simply isn't. It's Worlds away from the previous possession based styles that we've used in the past.

Still, biggest difference was that we took our chances and they didn't. Obafemi had an excellent game (the only one who did in the first half) and deserved more than one goal out of it. Piroe's goal will do his confidence good too.

disagree doc. More than good for the win.

Their goal came from a msitake (shock). We were easily better side.

I think we'll kick on when we get that lwb playing. We are crying out for someone with pace out there to match ghe right side. You could see so mahy times we had the opp to get out left and moved it right again due to lack of pace out there
LWB exactley, i have been harping on about pace all season, today we upped the passing at times 18mins to a level that cant be stopped . Fisher looks as if he can pick a pass and Burns looks decent enoughto keep out Bennet who slows the whole team down and is a liability.

eteb said:
Nocountryforoldjack said:
Always great to beat a Pearson team but this win is papering over the cracks. Glad Piroe scored, hopefully confidence will return now.

a laughable (and predictable) comment.

well worth the win.

Oba showed why we shelled out for him today. Brilliant.

Burns looks decent and an upgrade on Bennett.

Fisher good other that those two lapses in sexond half.

It's as predicable as your come back... Like I said papering over the cracks. No doubt you'll think we are playoff bound now after you spat your dummy out last week.

Hope they made them walk back to the train station and got soaked :D

eteb said:
Always great to beat a Pearson team but this win is papering over the cracks. Glad Piroe scored, hopefully confidence will return now.

well worth the win.

Lose again next game and you'll be back to cunting off the players.

The second half proved to me that this team is much more effective playing positive forward facing football.

So come on Russell, ditch the cr@p slow possession game and let players and fans enjoy and express themselves.

Have to deal with packed defences most games. Need more players making runs off the ball into the box. Otherwise we get the endless sideways passing around the area. Need to be more direct on the counter too. It inevitably slows up allowing opponents to regroup. We were fighting for the second ball today which was a real positive though.
Last point - was Benda really so bad?

Longlostjack said:
Have to deal with packed defences most games. Need more players making runs off the ball into the box. Otherwise we get the endless sideways passing around the area. Need to be more direct on the counter too. It inevitably slows up allowing opponents to regroup. We were fighting for the second ball today which was a real positive though.
Last point - was Benda really so bad?

Great win, but sorry I feel we are going nowhere with this style. Totally pointless passing for passing sake. We got the goals today, but that performance simply won’t do. Boring, pointless, directionless crap against a piss poor opponent. Don’t get me wrong, I’m thrilled by the result and happy, however this might read, but being honest I think the comment papering over the cracks is right.

Oh and Fisher is currently total gash. He is showing no particular strengths that we didn’t have with Hamer and Benda. I hope he doesn’t remain so. New loan looked promising. Obafemi looked good and Christie is a class act.

I really want it to all click, but I really just can’t see what the “it” is at the moment.

eteb said:

well worth the win.

It's as predicable as your come back... Like I said papering over the cracks. No doubt you'll think we are playoff bound now after you spat your dummy out last week.

what are these cracks? We are, and will be, hot and cold for rest of the season ffs. What cracks?

eteb said:

well worth the win.

Lose again next game and you'll be back to cunting off the players.

surprised youre on here tonight, usually quiet after a win

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back