• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 21/22 The Official Swansea City v Bristol City Match Thread

What will the result be against Bristol City

• Swans win

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Bristol City win

Votes: 10 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
https://planetswans.co.uk/2022/02/13/swansea-city-3-1-bristol-city-your-player-ratings/

Obafemi was a well deserved man of the match for me in this one. He carried and battled and harried their defence all game, great anticipation as well for the equalizing goal. Cabango for me continues to feel like the weak link, when he recovers I hope we see Burns, Naughton and Manning as our back three.

Always great to beat a Pearson team but this win is papering over the cracks. Glad Piroe scored, hopefully confidence will return now.

Not a game we deserved to win 3-1 if we're being honest.

Another day the aimless passing around the back and several errors doing so would have cost us dearly. There needs to be some sort of indication by now that there's a purpose behind it and there simply isn't. It's Worlds away from the previous possession based styles that we've used in the past.

Still, biggest difference was that we took our chances and they didn't. Obafemi had an excellent game (the only one who did in the first half) and deserved more than one goal out of it. Piroe's goal will do his confidence good too.

They weren't great. Their most productive chances came through our Kamikaze playing out from the back. But a much needed 3 points.

Pearson not holding back lol

Bristol City manager Nigel Pearson:

"[You are] not unlucky when you defend like that, you get what you deserve. All three goals were poor, individuals, flimsy defending. You can't give players desire, so we might have to make changes.

"People like me lose my job through results. What I'm not having is players who pop up. We've been in a winning position. We've had nine attempts in the first half, probably five or six in the second as an away side.

"We're good going forward but we might have to make changes. Maybe we've got players who between now and the end of the season, we'll see if they're good enough to be here next year if I'm the manager or anybody else.

"This football club for too long has had players going through the motions and I'm not having it.

"I've said all this to the players. If I was in there as a player I'd be kicking off. I'm not protecting players on a day like that when we should get something out of the game."

Nocountryforoldjack said:
Always great to beat a Pearson team but this win is papering over the cracks. Glad Piroe scored, hopefully confidence will return now.

a laughable (and predictable) comment.

well worth the win.

Oba showed why we shelled out for him today. Brilliant.

Burns looks decent and an upgrade on Bennett.

Fisher good other that those two lapses in sexond half.

Dr. Winston said:
Not a game we deserved to win 3-1 if we're being honest.

Another day the aimless passing around the back and several errors doing so would have cost us dearly. There needs to be some sort of indication by now that there's a purpose behind it and there simply isn't. It's Worlds away from the previous possession based styles that we've used in the past.

Still, biggest difference was that we took our chances and they didn't. Obafemi had an excellent game (the only one who did in the first half) and deserved more than one goal out of it. Piroe's goal will do his confidence good too.

disagree doc. More than good for the win.

Their goal came from a msitake (shock). We were easily better side.

I think we'll kick on when we get that lwb playing. We are crying out for someone with pace out there to match ghe right side. You could see so mahy times we had the opp to get out left and moved it right again due to lack of pace out there

2nd half excellent fair doos. But a little constructive criticism if I may. Just now n again instead of playing the sideways stuff, launch one and get their defence turning. Looks like we did some of that 2nd half, but 1st half we were easy to play against ( again)...at least vary it slightly otherwise we are soooo predictable.
That said, we kept going so proud of us today. Just try not to hand pick games for maximum effort Russ, gives me headaches.
We'll done the crowd today.....were brilliant.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back