• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 21/22 The Official Swansea City v Fulham FC Match Thread

What will the result be against Fulham?

• Swans win

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Fulham win

Votes: 11 52.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nocountryforoldjack said:
Risc said:
Yeah it does when people are trying to claim we weren’t, it’s up for debate.

The red completely changed the game, then Fisher inexplicably launching the ball at grimes the first few seconds of second half killed it.

You do know there is a reason why they are number 1 and we are number sixteen right? So what you are saying is we were the better losing team tonight? There was a very good chance they would of beaten us without a red card. They are a much better team than us there's no shame in that.

We were the better losing team? When did I say that? We got absolutely mullered after the red card. They are a better team than us as the table shows, but we were the better side first half 11 v 11 tonight. The sending off completely changed the game.

Manning's tackle nowhere near as bad on the replay as the still pictures suggest last night. Would have been had Wilson been coming towards him or had his foot planted though so I can see why it was given, but you'll see plenty like that that are only given yellows. Still, stupid to give the ref a choice to make. Although Wilson rolling around like he'd been shot will have helped him make the decision (ref did seem inconsistent and easily influenced at times).

We were definitely in that game and looking comfortable (if not threatening) up to that point. Our game maangement after that point was fkn awful, so no excuses.

3swan said:
Uxy said:
We're all aware we conceded 5 goals in 45 minutes, right?

That's not normal. It's not a learning process when it comes to that sort of thing. That's organisation.

And, let's be honest, it's not the first time we've conceded a glut of chances and goals. If anything, we've been lucky this is our first five.

Saying that, we looked good for 30 minutes. But consistency has been an issue.

No it's not a learning process. We have too many squad players in the team, if playing them in their best position and organized we can be a comfortable mid table team. We are still after 34 games seeing the same mistakes because players aren't comfortable as a team in how they are being asked to play.
In our first 26 games we conceded 29 goals
With Fisher in goal we have conceded 20 in his 8 games. An average of 2 1/2 a game
His record being 1 0 3 1 4 0 1 5
It's a team game but does he install confidence? I've seen very little in His performances that says yes.
I can't see this squad clicking, we can do it in short periods but it's not the players natural game. Martin is already talking about next season, but I can't see us able to bring in enough players in the summer to make a noticeable difference.

I agree with the points you make but the numbers are wrong, we've conceded 15 in 8 games with Fisher and 34 in 26 games prior.

karnataka said:
3swan said:
No it's not a learning process. We have too many squad players in the team, if playing them in their best position and organized we can be a comfortable mid table team. We are still after 34 games seeing the same mistakes because players aren't comfortable as a team in how they are being asked to play.
In our first 26 games we conceded 29 goals
With Fisher in goal we have conceded 20 in his 8 games. An average of 2 1/2 a game
His record being 1 0 3 1 4 0 1 5
It's a team game but does he install confidence? I've seen very little in His performances that says yes.
I can't see this squad clicking, we can do it in short periods but it's not the players natural game. Martin is already talking about next season, but I can't see us able to bring in enough players in the summer to make a noticeable difference.

I agree with the points you make but the numbers are wrong, we've conceded 15 in 8 games with Fisher and 34 in 26 games prior.

You are totally correct sir. Time I went back to school. :D

PSumbler said:
In the first half we were comfortable but that was largely driven by Fulham being happy to have the ball - other than the long range effort from Obafemi we created nothing. They created more than we did.

The red card didnt turn the game what did was the complete brain freeze defending in the first 10 minutes of the second half. BEnnett and Cabango at the centre must be the slowest centre half pairing in history and we decided at 2-0 down to retreat any deeper.

We were simply dreadful in the second half and if the commentator ever said "you wouldnt know who was top" then I suggest they start commentating on a different sport

Yep. They did exactly the same up here as you recall. Watched us until they needed to shift up a gear and when they did it was easy for them.

Look, we cannot expect to compete against them, but we need to be realistic. We are, at present, a very inconsistent team that can show the odd glimpse of something but most of the time are really pretty poor. It’s why we are where we are in the table. We have chosen to avoid pragmatism in favour of a ‘style’ that, at present, we cannot maintain. Which is fine this season as we will not go down due to points deductions making the bottom of the table a false reflection of the season so far. In a normal year maybe that is not so fine although there’s an argument that ‘normal’ in this league going forward is several teams with a deduction.

But I cannot for the life of me understand why some supporters are so bought into the whole ‘process’. It’s genuinely bizarre. It’s brainwashing taken to an extreme. We pass it around aimlessly and post possession statistics as though it is some sort of magic,
I’d prefer we played ‘nice’ football, but I’d also prefer we didn’t get tanked every other week. I genuinely hope we get in the players than can play this sort of stuff but finding players who are able to do it for half a lager and a packet of crisps is difficult.

I like Martin but the whole Messianic cult that some have embraced seems very odd to me given his past achievements.

Londonlisa2001 said:
PSumbler said:
In the first half we were comfortable but that was largely driven by Fulham being happy to have the ball - other than the long range effort from Obafemi we created nothing. They created more than we did.

The red card didnt turn the game what did was the complete brain freeze defending in the first 10 minutes of the second half. BEnnett and Cabango at the centre must be the slowest centre half pairing in history and we decided at 2-0 down to retreat any deeper.

We were simply dreadful in the second half and if the commentator ever said "you wouldnt know who was top" then I suggest they start commentating on a different sport

Yep. They did exactly the same up here as you recall. Watched us until they needed to shift up a gear and when they did it was easy for them.

Look, we cannot expect to compete against them, but we need to be realistic. We are, at present, a very inconsistent team that can show the odd glimpse of something but most of the time are really pretty poor. It’s why we are where we are in the table. We have chosen to avoid pragmatism in favour of a ‘style’ that, at present, we cannot maintain. Which is fine this season as we will not go down due to points deductions making the bottom of the table a false reflection of the season so far. In a normal year maybe that is not so fine although there’s an argument that ‘normal’ in this league going forward is several teams with a deduction.

But I cannot for the life of me understand why some supporters are so bought into the whole ‘process’. It’s genuinely bizarre. It’s brainwashing taken to an extreme. We pass it around aimlessly and post possession statistics as though it is some sort of magic,
I’d prefer we played ‘nice’ football, but I’d also prefer we didn’t get tanked every other week. I genuinely hope we get in the players than can play this sort of stuff but finding players who are able to do it for half a lager and a packet of crisps is difficult.

I like Martin but the whole Messianic cult that some have embraced seems very odd to me given his past achievements.

I agree with a lot of what you said there, but have to pick you up on saying we won't go down due to points deductions making the table a false reflection of the season so far.

2 teams have had points deductions - Reading 6 points and Derby 21 points. Take those deductions away and we move from 16th in the table to 17th. Derby would be 1 point ahead of us having played 2 games more and Reading would still be 9 points behind us having played a game more. We're 19 points clear of the relegation places and that wouldn't change with points restored. Hard to argue that has anything to do with our performance this season.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back