• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 22/23 The Official Swansea v Reading Match Thread

What will the result be against Reading?

• Swans win

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Reading win

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I haven't seen it. Would this have been an entertaining game for neutral viewers to watch?

We looked more dangerous and fluid going forward without Piroe… Oba got into great positions just needs to find his shooting boots now.

I predict an Obafemi hattrick against Cardiff

Well done lads. Please stop giving goals away and we'll be OK. Row Z is always an option even in the top flight.

I know nobody's getting hung up on possession stats any more, but we recorded 74% in that game. It was like attack v defense for large parts of the second half as Reading sat on their lead and invited us on. Not a good plan as it turned out.
Take that, Ince senior and junior.....

Richard said:
Payback for last season where we blew a 4-1 lead. Defence is still a worry. Individual mistakes are costing us far toi often. Great determination to come back from two nill down. Well done boys.

18 goals in last 3 games between the two sides. Sky should make sure the return fixture is live.

Most pleasing for me is responding to a defeat with a win. Too many times last season a good run of games would be followed by a run of draws and losses.

My lad thinks I'm weird now due to my massive man crush on Ollie Cooper. I fckn love that kid. He's nailed on to score Sunday.
Amazing night/game...what a barking league this is FFS.
But.....I just cant see us losing Sunday now.
Well done everyone concerned...players/fans and yes you Russ as well.

Good win against a side who tried to spoil throughout.

Matty Grimes absolutely superb as was Fulton. Keep beating the same drum but we need wing backs, and we could be a major player in this league.

I have found a gif that nicely sums up watching us these days

Attachments

• XIeR.gif
    XIeR.gif
    2 MB · Views: 778
Winning a game with near enough 80% possession, 727 x passes, 74% possession, against a team who were in the playoffs before kick off.

Domination.

Risc said:
Winning a game with near enough 80% possession, 727 x passes, 74% possession, against a team who were in the playoffs before kick off.

Domination.

I watched Reading last week against QPR and in the first half they were awful, they really came at QPR in the second but didn't have many creative answers.

Truth be told it was the same against us, they had no creativity and if it wasn't for two soft goals and some very poor refereeing it wouldn't have been out of place for us to have won that by 3 or 4.

bakajack said:
Risc said:

Domination.

I watched Reading last week against QPR and in the first half they were awful, they really came at QPR in the second but didn't have many creative answers.

Truth be told it was the same against us, they had no creativity and if it wasn't for two soft goals and some very poor refereeing it wouldn't have been out of place for us to have won that by 3 or 4.

To be honest my post was more tongue in cheek to a few self titled footballing oracles who said it couldn't happen.

I think our performance yesterday is being slightly exaggerated, but you're right with what you say when we could have won by 3 or 4. Looked a bit shaky at the back for me and struggled with the physicality their big lumps brought. Also need to find a way of getting Obafemi more involved against Cardiff on Sunday, they are a different proposition this season.

Ringwood Jack said:
Great comeback.. glad RM made the formation changes looked a better side for it

Agreed, but that begs the question of why did he change the team for the Burnley game when Darling had played so well against Sunderland and imo didn't deserve to be dropped.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back