• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24 | The Official Match Thread | Birmingham City v Swansea City | The EFL Championship

Wood also sometimes gets delusions of Messi, and gets caught out thinking he is a better footballer than he is

I know some people are expecting Williams to be Martin 2.0 but hopefully we won't see a repeat of that "centre half as wing back" nonsense.

All our centre halves dawdle on the ball and give it away cheaply trying to pass forward. Part of the problem is the midfield playing it straight back to them should they play the simple pass. They're big defenders asked to be creative players. Their stats are all very similar with Darling being the worst, probably due to his games at right back rather than being any more error prone.

jasper_T said:
I know some people are expecting Williams to be Martin 2.0 but hopefully we won't see a repeat of that "centre half as wing back" nonsense.

All our centre halves dawdle on the ball and give it away cheaply trying to pass forward. Part of the problem is the midfield playing it straight back to them should they play the simple pass. They're big defenders asked to be creative players. Their stats are all very similar with Darling being the worst, probably due to his games at right back rather than being any more error prone.

I agree and hopefully the system that Williams wants to implement will have us seeing the best of Tymon.
It is unfortunate for him at the moment that both Key and Abdulai are injured (the two people best suited to that right wingback role)
Perhaps we will see Parker utilised in that position more, honestly other than his favouring three central defenders I have no idea what to expect from our lineup tomorrow.

cwmdonkinjack said:
And you think Wood/ Darling/Naughton are better defenders? Ben is limited on the ball, but so is Wood, but good in the air and a solid tackler. Kyle has the best positional sense but his legs are going.

100% they are better defenders, better and more adaptable players to a system LW prefers.
Agreed re Naughton, a fighting fit Naughton would be a shoo-in for the central CB slot, BH LCB, HD RCB.

I really like him. His latest interview was top class. His enthusiasm shines through.

He's definitely got the same bullshit waffle as Russ.... hilarious garbage came out of him regarding the transfer window.

Nocountryforoldjack said:
I see he's got fans falling in love with him already😂

Alan Sheehan praised Paul Watson the other week and got absolutely slaughtered by people, yet Luke does it and nothing gets said, oh well, football fans for you.

He's definitely got the same bullshit waffle as Russ.... hilarious garbage came out of him regarding the transfer window.

His comments about a 'frenzy' worry me. Not sure what he's been promised but I have a feel he's going to be disappointed so those comments were nieve and giving the fans false hope.

Maybe we'll be surprised and the squad will be transformed come January 31st but it'll probably be a cheap non league punt some buzzwords on February 1st about there being no value in the market.

Win tomorrow and we could be 5 points off the play offs, and we've been garbage forever, this division is beyond terrible

He certainly isn't Oscar Wilde but I'm not sure Id want our manager to be. As I mentioned in a separate thread some of his post match interviews last season were bordering on the bizarre. I think his mouth struggles to convey the contents of his brain adequately. Great fun to watch though.

Skippyjack said:
Win tomorrow and we could be 5 points off the play offs, and we've been garbage forever, this division is beyond terrible

Fair shout skip, but then you look at who we got next few weeks.

IMG-9537.jpg

Match Referee: MATTHEW DONOHUE
Assistant Referees: Paul Hodskinson and Bhupinder Singh Gill
Fourth Official : David Webb

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads