• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24 | The Official Match Thread | Swansea City v Watford FC | The EFL Championship

What will the result be against Watford?

• Swans win

Votes: 15 88.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Watford win

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
eteb said:
Was wondering how long it would take the numpty to rear his head - been silent for past 5 games

Funny that

Commented on every one of the last 5 apart from Leicester, but let's not let the facts get in the way, eh? Helmet.

We'll get something at Blackburn on Saturday if we drop Fulton and get Key back...

Suspect decision by the referee. Pederson's effort was a goal.
Watford scraped it on the night.

Andrew - North Hill said:
Yes, he was successful in League One and Two, I agree.

Not much of a Championship manager though, is he.

Isn't it a little early to be making judgement. He is on a learning curve and up until Tuesday had accrued more points iinhis first 12 games only 1 I admit but still more than his predecessor. Duff has been robbed of key players to injury im sure if Ginneley was available things could well be different .Only time will tell so let's afford him some as we did the last manager who didn't take us anywhere either apart from lower down the table than where we were the season before he arrived

Yes, he was successful in League One and Two, I agree.

Not much of a Championship manager though, is he.

I’d much rather him than Martin thank you very much. You think the injury list and the sale of Piroe and Ntcham has helped Duff? I think he’s done very well to make the best out of what he’s got - Martin used to cry to the press about his lack of transfer funds but Duff just gets on with it. Some of our play has been exceptional so far and it will get better - he’s made Paterson into an almost indispensable player when Martin could hardly get him motivated enough to play. That is a huge plus for us - I don’t expect everyone to love Duff or even like him but he’s doing a very decent job under trying circumstances. Time to cut him some slack I think Andrew.

Vetchonian said:
Isn't it a little early to be making judgement. He is on a learning curve and up until Tuesday had accrued more points iinhis first 12 games only 1 I admit but still more than his predecessor. Duff has been robbed of key players to injury im sure if Ginneley was available things could well be different .Only time will tell so let's afford him some as we did the last manager who didn't take us anywhere either apart from lower down the table than where we were the season before he arrived

I couldn’t agree more. Some of our play has genuinely reinvigorated my match day experience. The third goal at Plymouth was a joy and we wouldn’t have seen that under Martin or Cooper.

Dillwyn the Dog said:
I’d much rather him than Martin thank you very much. You think the injury list and the sale of Piroe and Ntcham has helped Duff? I think he’s done very well to make the best out of what he’s got - Martin used to cry to the press about his lack of transfer funds but Duff just gets on with it. Some of our play has been exceptional so far and it will get better - he’s made Paterson into an almost indispensable player when Martin could hardly get him motivated enough to play. That is a huge plus for us - I don’t expect everyone to love Duff or even like him but he’s doing a very decent job under trying circumstances. Time to cut him some slack I think Andrew.

"Best out of what he's got"

We spent circa £7m in the summer window.

No coach since relegation - not Potter, not Cooper, not Martin - was afforded anywhere near that kind of spend, despite developing players who in several cases landed us £15-20m. Christ, I don't think they got given £7m between them, never mind £7m in one window.

Duff hasn't got a leg to stand on when it comes to complaining about not being backed. He'll get no slack from me. He should be doing much, much better. This season so far has been appalling.

No coach since relegation - not Potter, not Cooper, not Martin - was afforded anywhere near that kind of spend, despite developing players who in several cases landed us £15-20m. Christ, I don't think they got given £7m between them, never mind £7m in one window.

Duff hasn't got a leg to stand on when it comes to complaining about not being backed. He'll get no slack from me. He should be doing much, much better. This season so far has been appalling.

Can you back that wild claim re the £7M spent in the summer? Keys fee is yet to be agreed and all other fees are yet undisclosed
Has this squad and more so the currently available players the same quality of last seasons or the season before?
Maybe if you came to more games you would get a better view

Vetchonian said:
Can you back that wild claim re the £7M spent in the summer? Keys fee is yet to be agreed and all other fees are yet undisclosed
Has this squad and more so the currently available players the same quality of last seasons or the season before?
Maybe if you came to more games you would get a better view

Not a wild claim my friend. If you want to verify my claim look into it yourself, I'm not a search engine for hire.

I've seen every match this season fwiw. I stand by my assessment that it's just Millwall and Plymouth that resembled anything like complete performances. The rest have ranged from abysmal to ok in patches.

Re squad strength - I don't think we've adequately replaced Piroe quality wise, but other than that, in terms of bums on seats/depth/cover in every position, this is as good as we've had since relegation. Only a fool would deny that.

Completely ignore the point about injuries if it helps your “argument”. Ginelly out for the season who would be a very decent attacking weapon with his pace and not forgetting Wood too, Allen would be another useful option .

The players expended a lot of energy against Leicester and the lack of options to refresh some weary legs caught us up in the second half. An (understandably) tired performance from a side who’d won three games in a week just before.

Of course he won't get any slack from you because you are a Martin fûck boy, go support Southampton. No doubt you jump all over duff every loss and be quiet when he wins. Thankfully in the grand scheme of scfc you don't matter one jot.

Nocountryforoldjack said:
Of course he won't get any slack from you because you are a Martin fûck boy, go support Southampton. No doubt you jump all over duff every loss and be quiet when he wins. Thankfully in the grand scheme of scfc you don't matter one jot.

The 9 year old returns.

Biggest quim on the forum, and that's saying something.

The 9 year old returns.

Biggest quim on the forum, and that's saying something.

You are a fücking clown of the highest order, a total embarrassment on this forum, log off you melt.

Nocountryforoldjack said:
You are a fücking clown of the highest order, a total embarrassment on this forum, log off you melt.

All you do is just abuse other people's opinions on here. Never seen you once air an opinion of your own. At least Dillwyn and Vetchonian have the balls to front up and have a debate, I don't agree with their views but I respect the fact they're willing to exchange views and knock different ideas about.

You on the other hand, you're just a classic troll, the very definition of one. Fucking helmet.

Dillwyn the Dog said:
Completely ignore the point about injuries if it helps your “argument”. Ginelly out for the season who would be a very decent attacking weapon with his pace and not forgetting Wood too, Allen would be another useful option .

The players expended a lot of energy against Leicester and the lack of options to refresh some weary legs caught us up in the second half. An (understandably) tired performance from a side who’d won three games in a week just before.

I didn't ignore your point, I just didn't think it was a very good one.

We have plenty of cover at CB for Wood. Joe Allen has hardly played for us since returning, so you can't miss what you didn't have to begin with. And as for Ginnelly, I'm gutted what happened to him but he was hardly an established player. Lowe can play there, Cullen can play there, so can Cooper.

Injuries happen. We have plenty of cover these days in all positions. Duff can't and shouldn't be hiding behind injuries as an excuse.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back