• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 24/25 | The Official Match Thread | Middlesbrough FC vs Swansea City | The EFL Championship

Unless we can sign a competent centre half to play alongside Darling we are Donald Ducked.
There must be someone in League 1 who could step up, after all we had Ashley Williams from Stockport i believe.

Unless we can sign a competent centre half to play alongside Darling we are Donald Ducked.

Darling isn't competent either. He's weak in the challenge when up against physical forwards, makes rash decisions in the tackle and in his positioning, and so will let you down several times a season. As he has every season he's been here.

Granted he's not as bad as Cabango, but let's not kid ourselves on that he's up to the level required either.

We need to replace them both in the long run, they're defenders who can't defend. You can't be successful with defenders that can't defend, simple fact.

Darling isn't competent either. He's weak in the challenge when up against physical forwards, makes rash decisions in the tackle and in his positioning, and so will let you down several times a season. As he has every season he's been here.

Granted he's not as bad as Cabango, but let's not kid ourselves on that he's up to the level required either.

We need to replace them both in the long run, they're defenders who can't defend. You can't be successful with defenders that can't defend, simple fact.
Not as bad as Bungle was my point, can't see us getting one competent cb over the line never mind two.

Why did we not try for Will Evans from Newport ? Collins from Bolton ? There's others. Proven scorers who may have continued in the same vein in Championship. Look how Trundle did in 4th upwards. Similarly, as said earlier, with Ash Williams. I'd personally play Josh Thomas before Cullen as CF. Cullen is more of a secondary striker.

Why did we not try for Will Evans from Newport ? Collins from Bolton ? There's others. Proven scorers who may have continued in the same vein in Championship. Look how Trundle did in 4th upwards. Similarly, as said earlier, with Ash Williams. I'd personally play Josh Thomas before Cullen as CF. Cullen is more of a secondary striker.
Watch out for Josh Thomas, better than Liam Cullen already 👍

The spirit of Glan Letheran endures.
Hahaha. I still laugh at him hurtling out of the box at Chelsea in 79 and wiping Speedy (if I recall correctly) out leaving the Chelsea striker to walk the ball towards the net. He made Dai The Drop look like a Harlem Globetrotter

Just read an article from some so-called expert in 'Football League World'. They state the two worst case scenarios to happen before the deadline.
1. We don't get another winger. Hahaha. Really. Another would be nice but what, never mind our lack of strikers, quality central defenders or midfielders ???? And,
2. Grimes is sold !!!. He needs to go. He needs a manager who will play him somewhere near the midfield as opposed to his third central defender role repeated managers for us play him. Offer Fulton as well. He needs a new club. Was good a few years ago. A fair few years ago. They come as a pair anyway.
I think I may be bipping a lot this season

Despite the spin from Luke that "We controlled the game" after they scored, the reality is that Middlesborough mullered us.

Are you watching on a PC or an Android device? My Android using the Sky Sports App is fine but I just can't see how to watch our game on PC, unless I purchase a Now TV pass. Am I missing something?
sorry for lateness, it was the tv sports plus, seems quite sa few had issues on the first game, all ok since.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back