• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 24/25 | The Official Match Thread | Middlesbrough FC vs Swansea City | The EFL Championship

Rinse and repeat. Crap ref(s) , schoolboy defending/toothless going forward. Yes, it's game 1, but that was utter rubbish, and I couldn't give 2 fcks who thinks otherwise. Open yer eyes.
So glad I'm not renewing this year.

Nowhere near as bad as what I was expecting. Had enough possession and set pieces around their box to snatch an equaliser the second half.

As I said after the friendly last week, we still look a side that needs another couple of games to get up to speed.

Thought Eom done well, hope he’s not injured? Franco looked decent and Grimes had a good game at centre back 👀🤣

Onwards.

Rinse and repeat. Crap ref(s) , schoolboy defending/toothless going forward. Yes, it's game 1, but that was utter rubbish, and I couldn't give 2 fcks who thinks otherwise. Open yer eyes.
So glad I'm not renewing
Was in 2 minds about attending the Gillingham cup game midweek, but todays performance has made my mind up for me. Be staying home.

Was in 2 minds about attending the Gillingham cup game midweek, but todays performance has made my mind up for me. Will be staying home.

Got to say I didn't expect any different. I know it's early days but still think it's fine to point out deficiencies, particularly if they follow on from last season.
Vigouroux looks like he's the new Grobbelaar...capable of a good save but capable of howlers.
Cabango was bloody awful.
Fulton and Grimes ? How long have we got to put up with this inadequate pairing. Fulton was non existent and Grimes continues to play as a centre back. Get into midfield for God's sake.
Cullen had no service but had 2 chances which he scuffed. He is not a centre forward.
Eom was encouraging. Ronald also. Other than that pretty poor. Or I forgot how bad Abdullai was.
4 more players Luke says. I'd agree. And a different style of play.
Grimes position is clearly part of the master plan. It happens too often to be random. We won't have a different style of play. This is hard coded as 'the Swansea Way' now.

Grimes position is clearly part of the master plan. It happens too often to be random. We won't have a different style of play. This is hard coded as 'the Swansea Way' now.
The sad thing is the fans see that it doesn't work but the managers seem to, like you said, think it is part of a master plan.

We needed a brave manager, one who can see Fulton's inadequacies, one who realises Grimes is good going forward, but shite going backwards, one who thinks attacking isn't an offence and neither is trying to dominate the opposition's midfield. Now I'm not going to say Williams isn't that, but I'd be concerned if he doesn't see what we see, week in, week out.

Same old , same old.
Fulton should never start and Cullen is a bench player at best, no discernible change in playing style, still knocking it around the back in the ninetieth minute.
Or to sum it up in one word….SHITE

The brutal truth is, we cannot expect to improve - and we will not ever improve - if we persist with a League One centre half partnership at the back, and The Grimes & Fulton Axis in midfield.

It is literally impossible to be better for as long as those two things hold.

The brutal truth is, we cannot expect to improve - and we will not ever improve - if we persist with a League One centre half partnership at the back, and The Grimes & Fulton Axis in midfield.

Was pretty depressing to hear Williams wax lyrical about Fulton in midweek, saying we'd never be able to buy a player as good as him these days and how important he is and how professional he is.

JUST.LOOK.AT.HIM.PLAYING.IN.A.F*CKING GAME, LUKE. I don't care if he's a model professional at Fairwood if on match day he offers nothing.

I'm hopeful that as we sign the 4+ more players Luke wants, and Franco gets up to speed that we'll see a transition to a different partner for Grimes and a different dynamic in midfield, but that was pretty grim in the centre of the park today.

Darling and AN Other CB....Grimes in centre midfield with Cooper. 2 wide men, Eom and Ronald. Franco as a 10. Vipotnik CF. 442. Best we've got at minute imo.

Grow up you tube. Who said we couldn't say we were poor?

The sky is falling the sky is falling waaaaaah
I like how you’re trying to make out that I’m apoplectic when you’re having a tantrum cos I said we were rubbish, which we were. Not sure why you’re taking it so personally. 😂

I’m just looking forward to the next game, hoping we improve. 👍

I agree, and if we’re good next week we can give credit, and I haven’t renewed either. I don’t care if people jump on me when I rightly call it out as crap. Other opinions are welcome.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back