• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

SEASON TICKET OPTIONS FOR 2020-21 SEASON

It would work out cheaper having refunds and paying £10 a match to live stream.

They are playing on your loyalty heart strings, but potentially you could be out of pocket especially if you have a family of season ticket holders.

You could argue discount for next season tickets sort of makes up for some loss for this season.

This is going to be interesting on what fans think and do.

realswan said:
It would work out cheaper having refunds and paying £10 a match to live stream.

They are playing on your loyalty heart strings, but potentially you could be out of pocket especially if you have a family of season ticket holders.

You could argue discount for next season tickets sort of makes up for some loss for this season.

This is going to be interesting on what fans think and do.

While it's not a fantastic offer I'm not sure how else they could have played it.
Broadcasting is regulated by the EFL / Sky deal so there was never going to be a way around that.
They are protecting seat allocations for people who choose to have refunds and seats for people keeping they money in the club will get priority if we can go back to the Liberty any time this season.
Have any other clubs announced what s happening away from Swansea to compare the offers with?

"If you choose to take a refund you will no longer be a season ticket holder and relinquish all benefits."

If I choose a stream and my wife chooses a refund that presumably means that she loses her seat next to mine for the 2021/22 season and in order to sit together that season (assuming full crowd return) we will need to choose different seats. On the face of it it seems fair that refunds lose their benefits so with that in mind I'm leaning towards two refunds and to hell with the streaming. We'll choose new seats when we consider it safe to return to the stadium.

Did I read it right that refunds will be in monthly instalments in arrears? If so that's not acceptable considering they've had our money for two season tickets since Christmas.

J_B said:
"If you choose to take a refund you will no longer be a season ticket holder and relinquish all benefits."

If I choose a stream and my wife chooses a refund that presumably means that she loses her seat next to mine for the 2021/22 season and in order to sit together that season (assuming full crowd return) we will need to choose different seats. On the face of it it seems fair that refunds lose their benefits so with that in mind I'm leaning towards two refunds and to hell with the streaming. We'll choose new seats when we consider it safe to return to the stadium.

Did I read it right that refunds will be in monthly instalments in arrears? If so that's not acceptable considering they've had our money for two season tickets since Christmas.

You do not lose a seat if you take a refund. You will get first offer on the seat when fans are allowed back if you take a refund.

I appreciate some will need to go for a refund, specially family ticket holders, but personally I'm leaving my money in to support the club. It went last Christmas, so I'm not missing it.

That does not imply support for the Yanks or the dirty back stabbing sell-outs. Get the feckers in court.

Darran said:
J_B said:

You do not lose a seat if you take a refund. You will get first offer on the seat when fans are allowed back if you take a refund.

OK so the bit that states:-

"If you choose to take a refund you will no longer be a season ticket holder and relinquish all benefits"

Is rubbish then?
It's ambiguous at best. It says that the Trust has been involved. Hopefully the Trust will be clarifying what it means and what they wanted from the discussions.

I suppose the direct comparison is would I pay £402.50 for that package. Probably not, especially when the hit seems to be borne 100% by the fans.

Jinxy said:
I suppose the direct comparison is would I pay £402.50 for that package. Probably not, especially when the hit seems to be borne 100% by the fans.

To be fair to the club there is no perfect solution here. You are right (and I totally 100% agree) that the package isn't worth the money and if players were feeling some pain it would feel better.

What feels right is everyone has options, nobody is threatened with losing their seat and there are a few things to choose from.

I renewed in January (31st same as I always do) and am a lazy sod so I can see me leaving the money in and taking the streams even though I am unlikely to watch them.

I do still remain firmly in the camp that the players (at every club not just Swansea) should be feeling some of the pain the rest of us have been though

PSumbler said:
Jinxy said:

To be fair to the club there is no perfect solution here. You are right (and I totally 100% agree) that the package isn't worth the money and if players were feeling some pain it would feel better.

What feels right is everyone has options, nobody is threatened with losing their seat and there are a few things to choose from.

I renewed in January (31st same as I always do) and am a lazy sod so I can see me leaving the money in and taking the streams even though I am unlikely to watch them.

I do still remain firmly in the camp that the players (at every club not just Swansea) should be feeling some of the pain the rest of us have been though

Agree Phil. Smacks of do as I say doesn't it? I'm sure the Trust would have thrown in something like 50% off should we get promoted (given the obvious financial benefits that come with that), and if that was proposed and dismissed, then I think that's a major error. That's probably the incentive that swayed many at the end of last season. I fear the majority will opt for refunds.

Jinxy said:
PSumbler said:

Agree Phil. Smacks of do as I say doesn't it? I'm sure the Trust would have thrown in something like 50% off should we get promoted (given the obvious financial benefits that come with that), and if that was proposed and dismissed, then I think that's a major error. That's probably the incentive that swayed many at the end of last season. I fear the majority will opt for refunds.

I was involved in the discussions for last season but it was recognised then that this coming season would always prove more challenging. As ever there is some playing on the heart strings when talking about long term sustainability but that would be achieved if the players were forced into their own pay cuts but their union is totally against it.

A big discount would have been a huge incentive but even that comes with a risk although if, as you said, on promotion it is vastly outweighed by the premier League money.

The refund option will be a bigger take up I am almost certain of - its probably the sensible option that I should choose given I don't think I used their streams last season but I'm also a lazy b*stard and that involves doing work :lol:

As an overseas resident, I have subscribed to Swans TV Live since it started. I have asked the club for details of this year's "seasons pass" but have been told that no decision has been made yet on this. I paid £110 for last season, and if you take off the ones we couldn't watch due to broadcast rights, it was probably still over 30 games. You do the maths and compare this with the streaming '"offer" to season ticket holders. If this service is available to overseas residents at a similar price, this will be an issue I'm sure.

Having said this, I hope they don't put it up it too much 😀

Hopefully they will freeze the price for you mate season tickets have not gone up in price for a long time.

Why should Swans TV for overseas fans.

And it's not as if the players have been hit in their pockets either.

Not renewing until full capacity/gurantee entry of games, does this mean I now lose my seat?

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back