• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Sheffield Utd vs WBA 8pm

The problem we have is Coventry and Sunderland both have very winnable games next. They both win then that's it, game over.
Saying all that, Hull will be no pushover.

Millwall and Blackburn are bottlers, they choked the past couple of seasons during crunch time.
I am going to guess at Luton, Boro, Coventry and Swansea to make the playoffs :)

sainthelens said:
The problem we have is Coventry and Sunderland both have very winnable games next. They both win then that's it, game over.
Saying all that, Hull will be no pushover.

I can see Millwall dropping points at Blackpool on Friday, they've been on a terrible run. But I'm not convinced that we'll get any help from Birmingham or Watford.

bakajack said:
Millwall and Blackburn are bottlers, they choked the past couple of seasons during crunch time.
I am going to guess at Luton, Boro, Coventry and Swansea to make the playoffs :)

I think it’s a bridge too far and I can’t see the Swans making the play offs, but I’d love to be wrong. Millwall have a game at Blackpool and a final game home to Blackburn who have a poor goal difference. Sunderland are home to Watford and away at Preston, so they could easily get 3 points and they have @ good goal difference to boot.
It’s sickening how many points have been thrown away in the dying minutes of games, had that not happened the Swans would be top 6

The fat lady has been awfully generous these 3 games that have gone our way.. it'll sum our season up if we go to the last day of the season and we're winning 3-0 and we go and concede in the 90th minute, therefore scuppering our goal difference and we finish 7th.. it'll just sum up our current bunch of misfits perfectly.. but I heard no fat lady

Birmingham and Millwall games at home this season, 5 huge points thrown away so needlessly.
We would have been sitting in 5th place.

SgorioFruit said:
Birmingham and Millwall games at home this season, 5 huge points thrown away so needlessly.
We would have been sitting in 5th place.

3 wins in 24 when martin managed like a petulant child.

That's where to look for this season's failure. This is the same bunch of players, now organised properly and playing properly, to Martin's credit. Probably too late.

As to blaming the yanks and transfer window, that's bollocks. The window was rubbish, of course, but we were clearly good enough anyway, and Martin has refused to use any players he's been given. Levien is a problem for sure, but they are not the reason we are not top 6.

monmouth said:

That's where to look for this season's failure. This is the same bunch of players, now organised properly and playing properly, to Martin's credit. Probably too late.

As to blaming the yanks and transfer window, that's bollocks. The window was rubbish, of course, but we were clearly good enough anyway, and Martin has refused to use any players he's been given. Levien is a problem for sure, but they are not the reason we are not top 6.

Is right.
Nothing takes away the sheer stupidity of our tactics and attitude than the Brum game .
The coach is responsible .Always .

He has the biggest personal following I can remember and he s won nothing and won’t .

monmouth said:

That’s nonsense. The Birmingham fiasco was the result of not signing a keeper between 8pm and 11pm on the evening of 31st January.

Cooperman said:
That’s nonsense. The Birmingham fiasco was the result of not signing a keeper between 8pm and 11pm on the evening of 31st January.

Actually I forgot about the Fish. That's a fair point.

3 in 24 wasn't just down to him though, and he insisted we signed Fish for a big fee for us and no doubt wages to match, now it's someone else's fault for not replacing him?

So no, not nonsense. Martin bears most of the responsibility for where we are (12th in a shit division, in case anyone buys into the fantasy that we are somehow deservedly in the play off mix).

monmouth said:
Actually I forgot about the Fish. That's a fair point.

3 in 24 wasn't just down to him though, and he insisted we signed Fish for a big fee for us and no doubt wages to match, now it's someone else's fault for not replacing him?

So no, not nonsense. Martin bears most of the responsibility for where we are (12th in a s**t division, in case anyone buys into the fantasy that we are somehow deservedly in the play off mix).

This was my attempt at being sarcastic. I am fully in tune with what you wrote.

monmouth said:

i couldn't agree more mate, i am just highlighting the two games we have thrown away that i cant forget about. Them two especially because of the way in which we did it.

If we fail to make the playoffs then this summer will be extremely interesting indeed.

We know for a fact that Manning will be gone for free and with him our most consistent creator this season, replacing that would be difficult even if we had gotten a fee that reflected his value let alone with nothing in the bank to show for it.

We will also be hard pressed to keep hold of Piroe unless the daft reports about Arsenal/Spurs and the like having serious interest in Wood turns out to be concrete and we get a big big for him (even less likely than us making the playoffs in my opinion).

That could mean that we end up without our main creator and our top scorer this summer and we would be fortunate to get 10 million for Piroe even considering his age and two 20+ goal seasons because of him in the last year of his contract.

The only saving grace is that we are not reliant on a loan superstar to plug gaps in our squad, the only loanee being Cundle and opinions are divided on him (personally I don't see what the love in with him is about, we have other players who could do the job he does even amongst the fringe/youth ranks).

Of course the big demand will be on at least one striker even if we don't sell Piroe and at least a pair of full backs (remains to be seen if Ogbeta will factor in without Manning in front of him). After completely capitulating in the January window this summer is one the ownership MUST get right.

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back