• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Should darts be included in the Olympic games?

Swanjaxs

Roger Freestone
Reaction score
Just as much of a sport than breakdancing, skateboarding and climbing, why not...

Last edited:
Absolutely.

Whilst we’re on the subject, the double double top finish last night was a moment of sporting brilliance.

Is there an argument towards darts not being part of the Olympics?

The question got me Googling. Apparently squash is also not an Olympic sport, and this surprised me. Netball is another example.

Just as much of a sport than breakdancing, skateboarding and climbing, why not...

I like the climbing races.. then you have the awkward course they've got to manoeuvre around, entertaining.. no Brits though

And Darts should be included, I wouldn't like to be the selector of team GB though.. currently it's got to be Humphries, then Littler and Smith.. maybe Clayton and Price can hit some form and they can get back up there

Surely there has to be some sort of athletic element to an Olympic sport or game?

Darts is a pub game and is not worthy of an Olympics, unless you want to include Skittles and nine card brag.

Surely there has to be some sort of athletic element to an Olympic sport or game?

Darts is a pub game and is not worthy of an Olympics, unless you want to include Skittles and nine card brag.
I agree totally. I heard someone on the telly news the other day in total seriousness call chess a 'sport' FFS. A fantastic intellectual board game it is, but a sport? No way.

I agree totally. I heard someone on the telly news the other day in total seriousness call chess a 'sport' FFS. A fantastic intellectual board game it is, but a sport? No way.
In all seriousness I think there is a criteria for entering a sport in to the Olympics and it’s quite wide ranging, from governing body and doping rules, to global appeal - I think it has to be played across several continents and multiple countries. Darts meets none of the criteria set out by the IOC, whereas, whether people like it or not, equestrian and bmxing does.

Almost as bizarre as classing breakdancing a sport...

Nah
Absolutely.

Whilst we’re on the subject, the double double top finish last night was a moment of sporting brilliance.

Is there an argument towards darts not being part of the Olympics?
Get bar billiards and skittles in there an all, and pool, tiddly winks and pocket billiards.

Darts an Olympic sport. Mental, as is breakdancing etc and any team sport bar relays imo.

Nah

Get bar billiards and skittles in there an all, and pool, tiddly winks and pocket billiards.

Darts an Olympic sport. Mental, as is breakdancing etc and any team sport bar relays imo.
Add skateboarding to the list, I didn’t realise that was ‘a thing’ at Olympic level.

Not sure I follow your point about banning team sports (which darts doesn’t have to be). Are you suggesting to exclude examples like rowing and tennis?

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back