• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Sir Philip of Sumbler

That'll be popular with a couple of pricks on the other site :lol:

Well done Phil

Swansea City Supporters’ Trust Lifetime Achievement Award

The Swansea City Supporters’ Trust Lifetime Achievement Award has been awarded at the annual club awards dinner since 2007 and has recognised many of the people that have done so much for our club, and our fans. While we have occasionally chosen to recognise club employees, such as club legend Alan Curtis in 2016, usually we have focused on recognising those people that have given up their time and energy for no financial award, all for their love of the Swans.

This year’s award is no exception, and the Trust is delighted to announce that our recipient for the 2020 Lifetime Achievement Award is Phil Sumbler. As many of you will be aware, Phil has served as Trust Chairman across a 15 year period, which has coincided with our club embarking on a quite remarkable journey which has seen us move to the Liberty Stadium, rise through the leagues, win the League Cup and beat some of the best clubs in the UK and Europe.

This period has brought some considerable challenges to our Club, and the Trust. During this time, Phil has always been at the forefront in strongly advocating for the interests of the fans to be represented in everything the club does.

While it is a shame that all this season’s award winners have to be recognised virtually, it is particularly appropriate that we get the opportunity to recognise Phil at this time as he steps down from the Trust Board but takes his place amongst previous award winners on the Honours Board in the Riverside Lounge!

Swansea City Supporters' Trust

20th August 2020

A genuine nice guy...got a lot of shit for no other reason than putting our club and fans interest first...fully deserved ! 👏👏👏

:!:
BLAZE said:
That'll be popular with a couple of pricks on the other site :lol:

Well done Phil

I wonder what Turkish Delight has had to say about this...

Congrats Phil :hugging:

All this while running Russia too.

Congratulations. It's good to see someone who is alive getting the recognition they deserve, rather than waiting for them to die before showing gratitude.

Congratulations to Mr Sumbler on the award.

Regarding the statement, it mentions that "considerable challenges" were faced during Phil's tenure.

Can I ask what these challenges were, aside from the takeover fiasco?

Perhaps if The Trust could share some of the victories it has achieved for supporters of Swansea City, it would alleviate some of the criticism they are currently receiving.

DwightYorkeSuperstar said:

Regarding the statement, it mentions that "considerable challenges" were faced during Phil's tenure.

Perhaps if The Trust could share some of the victories it has achieved for supporters of Swansea City, it would alleviate some of the criticism they are currently receiving.

A back handed compliment from Richard Cranium. What a turd

mart6 said:

A back handed compliment from Richard Cranium. What a turd

Love you Mart. :lol:

If he's anything like me, or any one else reading this forum for that matter, one of the considerable challenges he has faced is having to endure the negative bollox you come up with on a daily basis

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back