• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Site adverts

MrSwerve

Alan Curtis
Reaction score
Accessing on iPad, anyone else getting a huge video advert in the bottom right corner that you cannot close or minimise? It quite literally covers at least a quarter of the screen. Also a Virgin Atlantic ad in the top right corner (thankfully you can close this). Any idea Phil? Don’t want to moan about ads but it’s making the site unusable for me on iPad, much of what I’m typing now I can’t see as it’s behind these ads, lol.

MrSwerve said:
Accessing on iPad, anyone else getting a huge video advert in the bottom right corner that you cannot close or minimise? It quite literally covers at least a quarter of the screen. Also a Virgin Atlantic ad in the top right corner (thankfully you can close this). Any idea Phil? Don’t want to moan about ads but it’s making the site unusable for me on iPad, much of what I’m typing now I can’t see as it’s behind these ads, lol.

Leave it with me - have sent an email!

No, but on the laptop, the right hand side of the screen has a long empty area from top to bottom, because of the "Who is online" box at the top right.

Neath_Jack said:
No, but on the laptop, the right hand side of the screen has a long empty area from top to bottom, because of the "Who is online" box at the top right.

Thought that was only my PC this morning :)

PSumbler said:
MrSwerve said:

Leave it with me - have sent an email!

Cheers Phil, I know that ads are necessary so I don’t want to come across as complaining...it’s just pretty bad at the mo in terms of useability.

MrSwerve said:
Here’s what I see, for reference.

Not sure the issue ;) :lol:

The video one appears to be just a tad on the large side have asked them to switch that off

Haha, thanks Phil. Main issue was not being able to close it which was a bit of a pain! Much better now. Cheers.

MrSwerve said:

Yeah, I had the same on the iPad. Haven’t had it today so looks like Phil has waved his wand. Thanks Phil 👍

Very mindful this cropped up again this afternoon - I have sent the relevant details off to people '- will keep everyone updated

Neath_Jack said:

It's got worse, it's now got a massive bit welcoming me with my profile photo :lol:

Just tried the site from my mobile, and there is a massive advert which keeps popping up on there now. Never happened before.

Neath_Jack said:
Just tried the site from my mobile, and there is a massive advert which keeps popping up on there now. Never happened before.

Does it give you the option to close it?

PSumbler said:
Neath_Jack said:

Does it give you the option to close it?

It did after about 10 seconds or so. Then when the next page opens, it pops up again.

Phil, I have started getting the video as too. Really annoying. I can get rid by swiping right a bit and there's an "X" above it. No sooner do you do that though you open the next page or thread and it's back. I'm using an Android phone. Not looked on pc yet

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back