• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Site adverts

legoman said:
Phil, I have started getting the video as too. Really annoying. I can get rid by swiping right a bit and there's an "X" above it. No sooner do you do that though you open the next page or thread and it's back. I'm using an Android phone. Not looked on pc yet

I'm getting the same, also using an Android phone - really annoying

Phil, I'm still getting that really annoying video at the bottom of my screen. I'd post a screenshot if I knew how!

I have noticed on my ipad the sky sports advert is running in the background on this site using Safari browser.

For example if I have tune in radio running and go onto the planet swans forum page where you see all the topics the music stops, if I open a topic music comes back on again. Go back to forum page list of topics music stops

legoman said:
Phil, I'm still getting that really annoying video at the bottom of my screen. I'd post a screenshot if I knew how!

What device are you using?

Sorry can I add is it all pages or just certain ones? It shouldnt (I am assured) for example be visible on this page you are reading here now but it maybe (for arguments sake) on the board index page.

PSumbler said:
legoman said:

Sorry can I add is it all pages or just certain ones? It shouldnt (I am assured) for example be visible on this page you are reading here now but it maybe (for arguments sake) on the board index page.

I'm using a Motorola phone running the latest Android sw. I've noticed the video ad on the Lord Bony Stand page and the ad persists when I click on the Football and Non Football board pages

legoman said:
PSumbler said:

I'm using a Motorola phone running the latest Android sw. I've noticed the video ad on the Lord Bony Stand page and the ad persists when I click on the Football and Non Football board pages

Thank you, that's very helpful to point people in the right direction

Clicking "Board Index" from the tree underneath the top banner was just opening this site in a new tab

https://uk.kineticasports.com/

The ads have gotten very invasive - the video that pops up and covers half the board index is annoying, but the forum opening mysterious links is enough to stop visiting tbh

This is the video

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220219_171949_com.android.chrome.jpg
    533.4 KB · Views: 612
If you have a reliable adblocker you shouldn't get popups and ads, unless you have your vpn activated, don't know if this helps at all...

Swanjaxs said:
If you have a reliable adblocker you shouldn't get popups and ads, unless you have your vpn activated, don't know if this helps at all...

I've set Chrome to block pop ups but this advert keeps appearing. Do you think I'd be advised to get a third party blocker as well?

legoman said:
Swanjaxs said:

I've set Chrome to block pop ups but this advert keeps appearing. Do you think I'd be advised to get a third party blocker as well?

Give it a try mate, I'm on Android and use Adguard, never get any problems 😉

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.adguard.android.contentblocker

Swanjaxs said:
legoman said:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.adguard.android.contentblocker

Dang, just downloaded it, but apparently doesn't work on Chrome for Android

legoman said:
Swanjaxs said:

Dang, just downloaded it, but apparently doesn't work on Chrome for Android

Bugger!

Keep on persevering, plenty of other adblocker apps on the appstore, that's your way forward, read the reviews first though is my advice, good luck

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back