• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

SNP MP Margaret Ferrier

Darran said:
Whatever anyone says it really is embarrassing that she hasn’t resigned by now.

Indeed.

I suspect she will try and ride the storm out. She can’t prised out of her position unless she is convicted of a serious offence, resigns, has MH issues or is declared bankrupt. She may have committed an offence, but not sure it would satisfy the criteria re serious offence.

MajorR said:
Darran said:
Whatever anyone says it really is embarrassing that she hasn’t resigned by now.

Indeed.

I suspect she will try and ride the storm out. She can’t prised out of her position unless she is convicted of a serious offence, resigns, has MH issues or is declared bankrupt. She may have committed an offence, but not sure it would satisfy the criteria re serious offence.

I think she can be prised out if enough of her constituents sign a petition it forces a by election.

J_B said:
MajorR said:
Indeed.

I think she can be prised out if enough of her constituents sign a petition it forces a by election.

A petition can only be started in certain circumstances such as committing a serious offence, fiddling expenses or being suspended from parliament. She is pretty safe at the moment unless she falls on her sword.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recall_of_MPs_Act_2015

MajorR said:
J_B said:

A petition can only be started in certain circumstances such as committing a serious offence, fiddling expenses or being suspended from parliament. She is pretty safe at the moment unless she falls on her sword.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recall_of_MPs_Act_2015

She has been referefer to the Select Cttee on Standards I believe. So that's a possible route - they just have to give her a 2 week touchline ban. There shouldn't be any excuse for anyone close to either of the Houses breaking these rules, as public trust is such a big part of the plan. Trouble is she can rightly point to the precedent of breaches of lockdown rules where no action has been taken. Men too, so before you know it they'll have a discrimination case on their hands. What a mess.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back