• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Some sad news for me.....

• Thread starter K23
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 25
  • Views: Views 1,884

K23

Ivor Allchurch
Reaction score
I found out late yesterday that my Swans & Wales travelling best mate, Phil Brownnett, was found dead in a hotel room yesterday morning. For the last six months or so he'd been working at home in Cheddar Monday and Friday and in their Guildford office Tuesday to Thursday. When he didn't turn up yesterday morning, they sent someone round to his hotel and they opened his room with a pass key and found him dead. I got a phone call late yesterday to let me know but 24 hours on, we still don't know the cause of death. Phil had been a Swans ST holder for decades and long before I even met him 14 years ago, since when we'd travelled together to hundreds of home games and quite a few away games even as far as St James' Park plus all the important Wembley appearances since 2010. We'd also been to the Swans games in Valencia and Napoli as well as 4 of the Wales games during the 2016 Euros including the historic win over Belgium in the quarters. We also played football together every Friday evening which was how/where we met. He was never a contributor on this message board although he did read it so he wouldn't be known to many on here but I know Pego knew him and there may be one or two who know him by name as he was Swansea born and bred. My Swans games will never be quite the same without him but tbh his attendance had waned a bit over the last year or two but he had renewed for next season. RIP Phil, mate, we had a great time together following the Swans.:cry:

So sorry for your loss, a really tough time for you.
RIP Phil.

Glad to say I knew Phil and met him many times with Dave pre match in the Globe. He was always full of quiet good humour. That is very sad news.
RIP Phil YJB

Very sad news indeed. Thinking of all those close to Phil, rest in peace YJB 💔

Condolences to you and his family buddy. Tragic loss.
RIP fella.

I found out late yesterday that my Swans & Wales travelling best mate, Phil Brownnett, was found dead in a hotel room yesterday morning. For the last six months or so he'd been working at home in Cheddar Monday and Friday and in their Guildford office Tuesday to Thursday. When he didn't turn up yesterday morning, they sent someone round to his hotel and they opened his room with a pass key and found him dead. I got a phone call late yesterday to let me know but 24 hours on, we still don't know the cause of death. Phil had been a Swans ST holder for decades and long before I even met him 14 years ago, since when we'd travelled together to hundreds of home games and quite a few away games even as far as St James' Park plus all the important Wembley appearances since 2010. We'd also been to the Swans games in Valencia and Napoli as well as 4 of the Wales games during the 2016 Euros including the historic win over Belgium in the quarters. We also played football together every Friday evening which was how/where we met. He was never a contributor on this message board although he did read it so he wouldn't be known to many on here but I know Pego knew him and there may be one or two who know him by name as he was Swansea born and bred. My Swans games will never be quite the same without him but tbh his attendance had waned a bit over the last year or two but he had renewed for next season. RIP Phil, mate, we had a great time together following the Swans.:cry:
Sorry for your loss.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back