• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Some sad news for me.....

• Thread starter K23
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 25
  • Views: Views 1,884
Thanks for all the kind words guys.

Had an update yesterday and it appears that Phil had coronary heart disease which basically means the arteries are not supplying enough oxygen-rich blood to the heart. He'd have had a massive heart attack and would have known nothing about it. RIP big man, YJB.

Had a routine blood check done recently on a medical issue GP advice , I thought it was unnecessary .

Thank goodness results were ok , but on feedback Cholestorol level is my red flag to change lifestyle and diet .
Explained to me my arteries are gettting blocked by saturated fat and the old ticker cannot get to function fully .

OAP like me , life habits from the past are so hard to break , few pints and a takeway were the norm then and to my sins still now , who cannot refuse a nice curry though , advice was stop eating crap like fast foods .

Never knew Phil who has passed on . RIP

Had a routine blood check done recently on a medical issue GP advice , I thought it was unnecessary .

Thank goodness results were ok , but on feedback Cholestorol level is my red flag to change lifestyle and diet .
Explained to me my arteries are gettting blocked by saturated fat and the old ticker cannot get to function fully .

OAP like me , life habits from the past are so hard to break , few pints and a takeway were the norm then and to my sins still now , who cannot refuse a nice curry though , advice was stop eating crap like fast foods .

Never knew Phil who has passed on . RIP
It just goes to show that most of us probably don't know what potential problems might be lurking within us as we get older and we would all be well advised to find out. Phil was only 64 and would usually play football twice a week, work permitting, indoor 5-a-side on Mondays and outdoor 6, 7 or even 8-a-side on Fridays depending on how many of our group are available and I was always involved in the latter. He also swam roughly 3 Sunday mornings out of every 5 doing 50 lengths. For his age, you'd probably say he was as fit as a fiddle which is why to be struck down as he was, was such a huge shock. There are plenty in our Friday football group in worse shape than he was and it's a salutary lesson for all of us, maybe even me in particular as I'm the oldest.

As for cholesterol, a few months ago, my wife asked me to have a PSA blood test which is to detect possible prostate cancer but they said they'd test for cholesterol at the same time, which made sense. Thankfully, the PSA test was negative (it was only precautionary anyway) but they said my cholesterol was higher than it should be which is probably because I've been vegetarian for over 50 years and cheese plays a significant part in my diet. I'd been put on statins about 10 years ago and the side effects were a real nuisance and occasionally quite painful so I told them I didn't want statins again and they prescribed me something called Ezetimibe, which sounds like a Nigerian footballer. Well, after 3 days of taking them and almost constant diarrhea, I quickly binned them and will have to ask them if they have another alternative.

It just goes to show that most of us probably don't know what potential problems might be lurking within us as we get older and we would all be well advised to find out. Phil was only 64 and would usually play football twice a week, work permitting, indoor 5-a-side on Mondays and outdoor 6, 7 or even 8-a-side on Fridays depending on how many of our group are available and I was always involved in the latter. He also swam roughly 3 Sunday mornings out of every 5 doing 50 lengths. For his age, you'd probably say he was as fit as a fiddle which is why to be struck down as he was, was such a huge shock. There are plenty in our Friday football group in worse shape than he was and it's a salutary lesson for all of us, maybe even me in particular as I'm the oldest.

As for cholesterol, a few months ago, my wife asked me to have a PSA blood test which is to detect possible prostate cancer but they said they'd test for cholesterol at the same time, which made sense. Thankfully, the PSA test was negative (it was only precautionary anyway) but they said my cholesterol was higher than it should be which is probably because I've been vegetarian for over 50 years and cheese plays a significant part in my diet. I'd been put on statins about 10 years ago and the side effects were a real nuisance and occasionally quite painful so I told them I didn't want statins again and they prescribed me something called Ezetimibe, which sounds like a Nigerian footballer. Well, after 3 days of taking them and almost constant diarrhea, I quickly binned them and will have to ask them if they have another alternative.
You'll be on Wegovy or Ozempic next...

Very sad news....always terrible to hear of a Jack passing on....RIP you top feller!

I found out late yesterday that my Swans & Wales travelling best mate, Phil Brownnett, was found dead in a hotel room yesterday morning. For the last six months or so he'd been working at home in Cheddar Monday and Friday and in their Guildford office Tuesday to Thursday. When he didn't turn up yesterday morning, they sent someone round to his hotel and they opened his room with a pass key and found him dead. I got a phone call late yesterday to let me know but 24 hours on, we still don't know the cause of death. Phil had been a Swans ST holder for decades and long before I even met him 14 years ago, since when we'd travelled together to hundreds of home games and quite a few away games even as far as St James' Park plus all the important Wembley appearances since 2010. We'd also been to the Swans games in Valencia and Napoli as well as 4 of the Wales games during the 2016 Euros including the historic win over Belgium in the quarters. We also played football together every Friday evening which was how/where we met. He was never a contributor on this message board although he did read it so he wouldn't be known to many on here but I know Pego knew him and there may be one or two who know him by name as he was Swansea born and bred. My Swans games will never be quite the same without him but tbh his attendance had waned a bit over the last year or two but he had renewed for next season. RIP Phil, mate, we had a great time together following the Swans.:cry:
Sorry for your loss - RIP Phil

I haven't heard of Wegovy but isn't Ozempic for diabetes? I'm sure I recall a friend mentioning that quite a few years ago and he was diabetic
They're used foe weighloss/diabetes but are being touted as the replacement for statins.

Reactions: K23
I'm sorry to hear about your mate, K23.

My football-watching buddy died suddenly 12 years ago. It's still tough not having him around.

Reactions: K23

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back