• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Spain’s men

JackSomething said:
There's also the issue that women all over the world don't report harassment/groping/rape because it's their word against another's and they know that an overwhelming percentage of cases are unsuccessful. So now they're seeing an incident viewed by millions of people worldwide and yet still the victim isn't believed.

Despite the evidence available, the aggressor refuses to resign, claims she was the instigator and huge numbers of people worldwide support him or indulge in whataboutery. It's incredibly depressing.

Edited to say: I know I'm not saying anything you don't already know, but others don't seem to grasp it.

Superb post, just a shame it’s wasted on the ‘whatabout’ merchants.

bakajack said:
And then there is the cringe moment where that new This Morning presenter Alison Hammond actually mounted Jason Donovan on the couch off air.
Can you imagine the reaction if a male presenter did that with say Kylie Minogue or Taylor Swift?

Context is everything.

Hammond used to have posters of him on her bedroom wall. He is literally her childhood crush. They were having a laugh about it off air, beforehand. He certainly didn't appear to have any problem with it, he was laughing about it.

And, let's be honest, I'm not saying women can't be pervy (I've met more than a few over the years) but, generally, when this sort of thing happens there's no malevolence on the part of the woman, she's usually just pissing about, she isn't pushing the boundaries to see what she can get away with, with a view to going somewhere dark with it. Unfortunately too many men do, their motivations for doing it are malevolent, and that's the difference.

So imo you're comparing apples with pears here. It's not the same. Nowhere near.

Men often force themselves on women, the full spectrum from unwanted hugs to full on rape. Women generally do not and cannot. Men hold all the power, even more so when they are in a position of authority oven the female. It’s, power, control and an assumption of the ability to do whatever they want from the strength derived from those things.

Anyone who believes genuinely the false equivalence doing the rounds, and in this thread, needs to give their head a good wobble.

JackSomething said:
There's also the issue that women all over the world don't report harassment/groping/rape because it's their word against another's and they know that an overwhelming percentage of cases are unsuccessful. So now they're seeing an incident viewed by millions of people worldwide and yet still the victim isn't believed.

Despite the evidence available, the aggressor refuses to resign, claims she was the instigator and huge numbers of people worldwide support him or indulge in whataboutery. It's incredibly depressing.

Edited to say: I know I'm not saying anything you don't already know, but others don't seem to grasp it.

Yep. It’s the same with the Greenwood issue. People have actually seen the pictures and heard the recording and still think it’s fine. And he gets a hero’s welcome in Spain.

Desperate.

Londonlisa2001 said:
Yep. It’s the same with the Greenwood issue. People have actually seen the pictures and heard the recording and still think it’s fine. And he gets a hero’s welcome in Spain.

Desperate.

I've seen the pictures and unfortunately heard the recording also, but haven't heard anyone say it's fine, if I had they would be told.

Hopefully his time in Spain will be brief, likewise his career in football.

Swanjaxs said:
I've seen the pictures and unfortunately heard the recording also, but haven't heard anyone say it's fine, if I had they would be told.

Hopefully his time in Spain will be brief, likewise his career in football.

There are any number of people that think there’s no problem with him playing as though nothing ever happened. Including Man Utd until they realised the backlash. Don’t forget he’s only on loan. Man Utd will nope it. Lows over and he can play for them again next season.

It’s shameful. He was literally given a hero’s welcome at Getafe.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back