• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Stranger Things

• Thread starter Ebo
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 74
  • Views: Views 3,201
Londonlisa2001 said:
JackSomething said:
It owes a lot of debt to plenty of other people too. I love it, I'm aware it's derivative of so much of what I grew up watching (child of the 80's) and it's definitely in the modern mould of recycled content awash with nostalgia, but I don't care when it's done so well.

Lisa, if you still have your Apple trial, I'd recommend For All Mankind (alternate history space race - the Soviets got to the moon first) and Foundation if you like sci-fi (very loosely based on Asimov's books). I also enjoyed The Afterparty for something more light-hearted.

Thanks for those suggestions. For All Mankind sounds good. I have the rest of the trial for another few weeks. To be fair, that platform seems to have some good stuff on it (Slow Horses was also good although I i preferred the books). The issue I have with these services is they all mount up to spending a shed load on TV every month without actually ever getting round to watching much of it. I guess that what will eventually happen though and I will end up getting some of them. I often wonder why I bother much with Netflix as I don’t seem to watch too much of it despite paying for it.

How many of these streaming services do most people on here pay for? Perhaps I need to get with the times more.

You're very welcome.

In our house, I pay for Netflix and Apple (on an old contract for Netflix, so I think both combined is about £15 a month), my wife pays for Amazon Prime and my sister-in-law pays for Disney, so we get access to that. Apple was free for 6 months with a new TV, so will end up cancelling that at some point.

I find I very rarely use the Sky box for anything anymore. We only usually watch one episode of something a day, so the list of shows to watch keeps growing. I'm only keeping the Sky TV because of the NFL and because I have the internet through them. Sky are by far the fastest available for internet speeds here, while my parents estate 2 miles away have had Full Fibre made available by BT, meaning they can get speeds up to 900mb!

Londonlisa2001 said:
Epaul said:
Lets be fair if you have a firestick you can see all of these for nothing there's enough apps out there, a simple google search will sort you out, failing that between 30 and 50 quid for iptv and bobbins you've got the lot, no need for any subscriptions

Oh, is that right?

Is that what most are doing?

Cinema HD or Bee tv just 2 apps which have everything

https://www.firesticktricks.com/amazon-fire-stick-apps.html

Neath_Jack said:
Londonlisa2001 said:
Oh, is that right?

Is that what most are doing?

I've got the stick for sport only really.

Paid subs for Netflix and Amazon Prime, and I've just had three free months of Disney put on.
Again any of the apps or iptv will give you the lot no need for subs to those, of course the one thing you can't guarantee is that they wont get bustedm, however it's cat and mouse they always come back..... you cant go wrong really, another good one for sports esp all the footie you want is potato streams, very good on the phone

Epaul said:
Neath_Jack said:
I've got the stick for sport only really.

Paid subs for Netflix and Amazon Prime, and I've just had three free months of Disney put on.
Again any of the apps or iptv will give you the lot no need for subs to those, of course the one thing you can't guarantee is that they wont get bustedm, however it's cat and mouse they always come back..... you cant go wrong really, another good one for sports esp all the footie you want is potato streams, very good on the phone

Aye, the IPTV I've got has everything on it, but i prefer subs to netflix and all, just my preference.

Surprised no-one mentioned Severance, probably the best thing on Apple+.

The Boys is worth a look on Amazon Prime.

If you have an audible account, just noticed that they have released the first authorised Stranger Things novel / spin off type thing.

Neath_Jack said:
exiledclaseboy said:
Enjoying then!

It's definitely not my genre of show, but I am enjoying it quite a lot.

Same here, not the type of thing I would normally go for but they have done a clever job on roping us in. Great storylines and art direction.

ABSwan said:

Severance is on the watch list here, maybe next up after we finish Stranger Things, Obi-Wan and Ms Marvel (we watch the latter two with the kid). Looks delightfully weird.

The wife gave up on The Boys after a couple of episodes of the second season. I will get back to it at some point. One of my team in work is raving about the third season. I've read the graphic novels and the show is doing a decent job of adapting them, dropping some of Garth Ennis' nihilism in the process, but still pretty dark.

Anyone watched Snowpiercer on Netflix? I enjoyed the film and the tv series is on the list.

JackSomething said:
ABSwan said:

Severance is on the watch list here, maybe next up after we finish Stranger Things, Obi-Wan and Ms Marvel (we watch the latter two with the kid). Looks delightfully weird.

The wife gave up on The Boys after a couple of episodes of the second season. I will get back to it at some point. One of my team in work is raving about the third season. I've read the graphic novels and the show is doing a decent job of adapting them, dropping some of Garth Ennis' nihilism in the process, but still pretty dark.

Anyone watched Snowpiercer on Netflix? I enjoyed the film and the tv series is on the list.

I started snowpiercer and enjoyed but got side tracked by Ozarks which in turn got side tracked by Stranger Things. :) I need to catch up with Better Call Saul as well.

As people are adding other programmes into the mix I'd like to put forward Moon Knight.

So now I know why Kate Bush is number one again. Fourth season the best yet as long as they nail the landing in the final two.

Ebo said:
JackSomething said:

I started snowpiercer and enjoyed but got side tracked by Ozarks which in turn got side tracked by Stranger Things. :) I need to catch up with Better Call Saul as well.

Better Call Saul is excellent. I got most of the way through Ozarks but somehow gave up on it. I think it got a bit formulaic for me.

I recorded all of the last series of Peaky Blinders but not started it yet. I've been amazed how little I've heard about it since it was released. No spoilers please, but anyone seen it? What did you think?

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back