• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Stranger Things

• Thread starter Ebo
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 74
  • Views: Views 3,201
legoman said:
Ebo said:
I started snowpiercer and enjoyed but got side tracked by Ozarks which in turn got side tracked by Stranger Things. :) I need to catch up with Better Call Saul as well.

Better Call Saul is excellent. I got most of the way through Ozarks but somehow gave up on it. I think it got a bit formulaic for me.

I recorded all of the last series of Peaky Blinders but not started it yet. I've been amazed how little I've heard about it since it was released. No spoilers please, but anyone seen it? What did you think?

I think I am giving up on Ozark. I am at the point of watching it just to clear it off my list. Shame really as was enjoying seasons 1 and 2.

Interesting factoid: David Harbour who plays Hopper is married to Lily Allen. Sounds like an odd couple but both have had troubled pasts and now hopefully found some peace.

Also not all the actors are American as Millie Bobby Brown who plays Eleven is British as is Charlie Heaton who plays Jonathan, Dacre Montgomery who plays Billy, Joseph Quinn who plays Eddie and Jamie Campbell Bower who plays Peter Ballard (One).

I’ve been watching the new series this week. As a result I’ve had Kate Bush constantly rattling around my noodle. Not a bad thing mind

Libertarian said:
I’ve been watching the new series this week. As a result I’ve had Kate Bush constantly rattling around my noodle. Not a bad thing mind

Can't wait for July 1st!

Libertarian said:

Aye, can’t get the damn song out of my head. Especially THAT line…

Struggling with season two, to the point that is someone asked me what's it like, i'd say its fucking crap.

Neath_Jack said:
Struggling with season two, to the point that is someone asked me what's it like, i'd say its f*****g crap.

Stick with it as Season 4 is a treat. I think it is because in seasons 2 and 3 the Duffer Bros only directed a few episodes. They directed 6 out of the 8 in season 1

Ebo said:
Neath_Jack said:
Struggling with season two, to the point that is someone asked me what's it like, i'd say its f*****g crap.

Stick with it as Season 4 is a treat. I think it is because in seasons 2 and 3 the Duffer Bros only directed a few episodes. They directed 6 out of the 8 in season 1

I've started S1 but to me it's unremarkable. Sort of a cross between a midweek afternoon US cable drama and a live action Scooby Doo episode with those pesky kids. I've watched two episodes and will need persuading to watch any more

legoman said:
Ebo said:

I've started S1 but to me it's unremarkable. Sort of a cross between a midweek afternoon US cable drama and a live action Scooby Doo episode with those pesky kids. I've watched two episodes and will need persuading to watch any more

That's fair enough. There's nothing created yet that everyone will enjoy. I couldn't get into Breaking Bad for example.

JackSomething said:
legoman said:

That's fair enough. There's nothing created yet that everyone will enjoy. I couldn't get into Breaking Bad for example.

Same here. Game of Thrones also left me cold and often repulsed. I hated it. We’re all different.

Wow! Just finished 'Dear Billy'.

Outstanding stuff.

I have no idea whats going on or the reasoning behind it but as far as just good freakin tv goes its right up there

legoman said:
Ebo said:

I rank them as follows

S2
S1
S3

S4 obviously not complete yet but very likely to be at the top

Season 1was created with the idea of being a one-time love letter to the sci fi movies of the 80s, hence why (especially towards the end) the plot moves so quickly it has the feeling of 'a need to finish the movie' vibe. Its definitely worth watching until the end.

Season 2 is actually paced like a TV show, they probably should have stopped there as Season 3 was ok, but honestly Season 4 is stupendously dark, with the length of the episodes its a horror movie pretty much, and probably the best one I've seen.

JustJack said:
legoman said:

I rank them as follows

S2
S1
S3

S4 obviously not complete yet but very likely to be at the top

Season 1was created with the idea of being a one-time love letter to the sci fi movies of the 80s, hence why (especially towards the end) the plot moves so quickly it has the feeling of 'a need to finish the movie' vibe. Its definitely worth watching until the end.

Season 2 is actually paced like a TV show, they probably should have stopped there as Season 3 was ok, but honestly Season 4 is stupendously dark, with the length of the episodes its a horror movie pretty much, and probably the best one I've seen.

The penultimate episode airing next Friday is 85mins long and the finale is 2.5 hours long. Season 5 will be the last ones ever.

Just finished Vol 2. Keeping tight lipped but enjoy!

Ebo said:
Just finished Vol 2. Keeping tight lipped but enjoy!

Wife’s out tomorrow night so I’ve got four hours to spare, a frozen pizza, a fridge full of beer and a Netflix account. I think I know what I’m up to tomorrow evening.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back