• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Swans and Newcastle United close to agreeing Woodman switch?

swansnews

Administrator
Reaction score
It is starting to look increasingly likely that the Swans are closing in on a deal to bring Freddie Woodman back to the Liberty Stadium after two strong seasons from the keeper on loan. The keeper himself has been dropping some social media hints about a return to South Wales particularly with Swans...

Read more

Total waste of money that could be used better.

Personally I'd love to have Woodman here permanently. Stability in our defence is what is needed, it's been our biggest asset over the last few years. I think he's a good keeper personally.

Surprised at this, surely would cost a fair whack? He loves it here and he loves the club you can’t ask for more from a player.

Swansea93 said:
Surprised at this, surely would cost a fair whack? He loves it here and he loves the club you can’t ask for more from a player.

Indeed, depends on cost. If Cooper does leave and we get £3.5m compo, I wouldn't be surprised if most/all of that goes on Woodman.

As Monny says, you'd have to weigh up how else that could be spent.

I wouldn't mind this too much if it is permanent, but would rather spend the money elsewhere on the pitch. I would be against another loan though, it is about time that we gave Benda a decent chance.

Waste of money… I prefer the looks of Benda. Spend money elsewhere.

Would have been happy with this after his first season. However this just doesn't feel right with his performances on the tail of last season and us also keeping Benda on the books.

I suppose he's still young and English so if he does keep getting awards like this year it could be good business.

MrSwerve said:
Personally I'd love to have Woodman here permanently. Stability in our defence is what is needed, it's been our biggest asset over the last few years. I think he's a good keeper personally.
Totally agree, third best defence in the league this season gone, that includes the GK in those figures. I think he will go from strength to strength and continue to be a very good keeper for us. Some folk didn't rate Fabianski on here either. ;)

Biggest thing Woodman needs to work on is his distribution, very often his kicks to the full backs near the halfway line go straight out of touch about 20 feet above the head of the player he was passing to.

I would be disappointed if we spent more than £2m on him especially considering our obvious shortcomings up front at the moment. On the flip side I would also be pleasantly surprised if we got him for less than that figure on a permanent transfer.

Swansea93 said:
Newcastle fans seem to think he’s worth 15M? :shock:

Yeah, they've never watched him.

Put him in the first team Brucie, give us all a laugh.

Jack2jack said:
MrSwerve said:
Totally agree, third best defence in the league this season gone, that includes the GK in those figures. I think he will go from strength to strength and continue to be a very good keeper for us. Some folk didn't rate Fabianski on here either. ;)

Or Doris, or Vorm. Woodman is adequate and he’s young, still time to learn how to kick. I wonder why Benda hasn’t been promoted yet?

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back