• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Swans and Newcastle United close to agreeing Woodman switch?

I hope this isn't true, he's only playing for us because Southgate is his godfather and all pally within the England circle etc.. he dives when the ball has already been tucked away, surely we can do better, and Hamer is only here because he's pally with Scott.. we're a football club, not a mates giving each other jobs club, it's all too pally down at fairwood.. we're here to reach the PL, we need better than Woody

Skippyjack said:
I hope this isn't true, he's only playing for us because Southgate is his godson and all pally within the England circle etc.. he dives when the ball has already been tucked away, surely we can do better, and Hamer is only here because he's pally with Scott.. we're a football club, not a mates giving each other jobs club, it's all too pally down at fairwood.. we're here to reach the PL, we need better than Woody

Southgate is his godfather.

Itchysphincter said:
Skippyjack said:
I hope this isn't true, he's only playing for us because Southgate is his godson and all pally within the England circle etc.. he dives when the ball has already been tucked away, surely we can do better, and Hamer is only here because he's pally with Scott.. we're a football club, not a mates giving each other jobs club, it's all too pally down at fairwood.. we're here to reach the PL, we need better than Woody

He’s made him an offer he can’t refuse.

On crosses, low shots and finding a quick pass he's more a horses arse than a horses head.

Itchysphincter said:
Skippyjack said:

Same thing.. you know what I mean

Reports saying Newcastle are willing to loan him out again

monmouth said:
Swansea93 said:
Newcastle fans seem to think he’s worth 15M? :shock:

Yeah, they've never watched him.

Put him in the first team Brucie, give us all a laugh.

Some of our fans seem to think Grimes is worth £8M

swansnews said:
It is starting to look increasingly likely that the Swans are closing in on a deal to bring Freddie Woodman back to the Liberty Stadium after two strong seasons from the keeper on loan. The keeper himself has been dropping some social media hints about a return to South Wales particularly with Swans...

Read more

Yes please. Possibly the best keeper in the league.

JonTheJack said:
Would have been happy with this after his first season. However this just doesn't feel right with his performances on the tail of last season and us also keeping Benda on the books.

I suppose he's still young and English so if he does keep getting awards like this year it could be good business.

Agree with every word of this Jon. Like most I’d much rather see us spend our limited funds on an outfield player - preferably an AM - but Woodman seems to be highly rated by many and we could make a tidy profit in a year or two. Probably a good investment.

I fear Fabianski has set the bar too high for some of our fans.

I’d have Freddy back in a heartbeat - at Championship level he is one of the best around.

Loaning any player for 3 seasons is ridiculous and should not happen on general principle.

Find a permanent solution at this position if they don't think it's Benda.

A good goalkeeper who gets some undeserved stick at times. We really need some stability at the back - it's been one of our biggest assets over the last season or two.

Would like to see us purchase him but we won't splash out on what Newcastle probably want for him. I think Newcastle probably want rid of him, we probably want to buy him, but the money is just not right at the moment. They're likely holding out to see if we're promoted, then hoping that we'll buy him with the PL money...

jruss said:
Loaning any player for 3 seasons is ridiculous and should not happen on general principle.

Find a permanent solution at this position if they don't think it's Benda.

Marco Van Ginkel was loaned out 3 consecutive season from Chelsea to PSV and they signed him permanently this season, but yeah I agree needs to be sorted, they’re banking on us getting promoted to sign him permanently.

https://planetswans.co.uk/2021/07/14/leeds-united-join-the-battle-for-swans-target/

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back