• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Swans borrowing more?

• Thread starter Uxy
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 54
  • Views: Views 4,460

Uxy

First Team Player
Reaction score
Looks like a new charge has just been registered at Companies House, this time with Mellon Bank.

Not really had the time to go through it properly, but looks very much like borrowing more.

Such things don't smack of conversion being imminent do they?

Mellon bank? Are they a respectable outfit?

Chief said:

A quick google search shows that Silverstein Properties bought out the Mellon Bank in 2019…may be entirely unlinked…just saying…

Marchamjack said:
Chief said:

A quick google search shows that Silverstein Properties bought out the Mellon Bank in 2019…may be entirely unlinked…just saying…

Well well that's an interesting development.

Could this be a way of injecting an installment of his loan into the clubs accounts (although not sure how that works with this not being Silverstein the individual)

Or is he (or a company he essentially owns) lending the club more money and getting more interest as a result?

Chief said:
Marchamjack said:

Could this be a way of injecting an installment of his loan into the clubs accounts (although not sure how that works with this not being Silverstein the individual)

Or is he (or a company he essentially owns) lending the club more money and getting more interest as a result?

Must admit I immediately thought the latter when I saw that

Marchamjack said:
Chief said:

Did they buy the property or the bank itself?

Marchamjack said:
Chief said:

May have a relationship but they don't have half the cash to own BNYM. Major bank.

Edit - I assume this is at least partly related to Downes, maybe bringing some of that forward. These documents are unclear by design though. Certainly goes to show that the kitty is pretty empty though.

Managing Director at BNY Mellon
Alexandra Waite
BA in History
Swansea University 92-95

Must be a Swans fan

😁

Uxy said:
Marchamjack said:

May have a relationship but they don't have half the cash to own BNYM. Major bank.

Edit - I assume this is at least partly related to Downes, maybe bringing some of that forward. These documents are unclear by design though. Certainly goes to show that the kitty is pretty empty though.

Different family isn’t it ? Jake Silverstein’s father is Barry Silverstein, I don’t think they are related in anyway but may be wrong

Chief said:
Marchamjack said:

Oh ffs.

Mellon Bank was bought by the Bank of New York some years ago. The merged bank manages trillions of dollars of assets.

Silverstein Properties (unrelated to Jake Silverstein’s company - it is a common name] bought the BoNYMellon Bank Centre which is an office block in New York.

Jake Silverstein buying Mellon Bank would be as realistic a prospect as me buying Buckingham Palace.

The insane speculation is ridiculous.

Haven’t seen the charge docs btw as it’s not showing when I open companies house so can’t comment.

3swan said:
Alexandra Waite
BA in History
Swansea University 92-95

Must be a Swans fan

😁

Managing Director means a senior level manager in US banking terms. They will have dozens of them.
Todd Gibbons is the CEO of BNY Mellon.

Londonlisa2001 said:
Chief said:

Oh ffs.

Mellon Bank was bought by the Bank of New York some years ago. The merged bank manages trillions of dollars of assets.

Silverstein Properties (unrelated to Jake Silverstein’s company - it is a common name] bought the BoNYMellon Bank Centre which is an office block in New York.

Jake Silverstein buying Mellon Bank would be as realistic a prospect as me buying Buckingham Palace.

Haven’t seen the charge docs btw as it’s not showing when I open companies house so can’t comment.

Wasn’t showing when I opened 2002 limited but shows on Swansea city football club page

Londonlisa2001 said:
3swan said:
Alexandra Waite
BA in History
Swansea University 92-95

Must be a Swans fan

😁

Managing Director means a senior level manager in US banking terms. They will have dozens of them.
Todd Gibbons is the CEO of BNY Mellon.

Yes I did notice that, just a department.(arm)

That would have spoiled my fun

😏

IAN05 said:
Londonlisa2001 said:
Oh ffs.

Wasn’t showing when I opened 2002 limited but shows on Swansea city football club page

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/00123414/charges

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back