• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Swans borrowing more?

• Thread starter Uxy
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 54
  • Views: Views 4,460
monmouth said:
exiledclaseboy said:
I’m confident that our new supporter director’s experienced and hard headed brain for corporate finance is all over this development.

Who’s our new supporter director?

Sian Davies.

https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/board-member/sian-davies/

monmouth said:
Uxy said:

You must be joking.

**** a duck.

I’m genuinely breathtaken.

In Siân's defence, she's probably as qualified as any of the other Trust board members.

A4Jack said:
Uxy said:
The Trust have replied. Wish they hadn't. IMG_20220811_204509.jpg

Makes little sense. And somehow managed to make it look like we have funding for transfers when we don't.

So if I've read it right it's had the exact opposite effect that it intended to and would have been better off if it hadn't been said?

It's worse than saying nothing.

Uxy said:
A4Jack said:
Makes little sense. And somehow managed to make it look like we have funding for transfers when we don't.

So if I've read it right it's had the exact opposite effect that it intended to and would have been better off if it hadn't been said?

To be fair it probably doesn’t matter much as every club will assume we factor a big transfer fee. Everyone does it apart from the big clubs.

Londonlisa2001 said:
Uxy said:

To be fair it probably doesn’t matter much as every club will assume we factor a big transfer fee. Everyone does it apart from the big clubs.
The idea the Trust saying something about it could possibly jeopardise any future business is pretty amusing in fairness.

Uxy said:
Londonlisa2001 said:
The idea the Trust saying something about it could possibly jeopardise any future business is pretty amusing in fairness.

Oh they won’t have the faintest idea about it. I’m not a member any longer so I don’t give a crap.

Uxy said:
monmouth said:
You must be joking.

**** a duck.

In Siân's defence, she's probably as qualified as any of the other Trust board members.

Fair play. Made me laugh more than it should have.

Isn't the trust model of maximum term lengths somewhat of a fatal floor? It just encourages a race to the bottom, doesn't it? When replacement board members are often lesser qualified than those they're replacing?

BLAZE said:
Isn't the trust model of maximum term lengths somewhat of a fatal floor? It just encourages a race to the bottom, doesn't it? When replacement board members are often lesser qualified than those they're replacing?

There is no term length limit in terms of the Trust Board itself. There are limits on officer positions though.

BLAZE said:

The previous supporter director resigned not due to any maximum term length requirement. I’m not sure the trust ever lost an SD due to the max term length. There have only been five SDs in the trust’s history I think. Dineen, Cooze, McDonald, Sinett and now Davies.

Uxy said:
BLAZE said:

There is no term length limit in terms of the Trust Board itself. There are limits on officer positions though.

Well that depends how you read the rules. We’ve had this discussion before :lol:

exiledclaseboy said:
I’m confident that our new supporter director’s experienced and hard headed brain for corporate finance is all over this development.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

exiledclaseboy said:
Uxy said:

Well that depends how you read the rules. We’ve had this discussion before :lol:

I forget when you've been wrong in the past 😉

There should be one though. 2 or 3 cycles at most IMO.

Uxy said:
exiledclaseboy said:

I forget when you've been wrong in the past 😉

There should be one though. 2 or 3 cycles at most IMO.

“Trust Board members may apply for re-election for a further 2 year period.“

Nothung plural about those last six words. Rank bad drafting. :D

Uxy said:
monmouth said:
You must be joking.

**** a duck.

Was that the person who went off in a flounce over tickets for QPR away? Or was that someone else?

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back