• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Swans consider Bolasie move – free agent training with Swans

DuffleCoat said:
Nope, 8 weeks.

Got there before you Mitch ;)

https://twitter.com/ianmitchelmore/status/1728470392845578512?s=46&t=p94KZqA33SfSPKkithZEfA

Now confirmed.

DuffleCoat said:
Got there before you Mitch ;)

https://twitter.com/ianmitchelmore/status/1728470392845578512?s=46&t=p94KZqA33SfSPKkithZEfA

Now confirmed.

I thought all he ever had was pace and power?

😆

monmouth said:
I thought all he ever had was pace and power?

😆

He could be 64 and still have more pace and power than Cullen and Ollie unfortunately.
We were probably getting more joy on the right hand side with Latibeaudiere on his own.

Pretty much scrapping the barrel and will probably take him one of his two months to get match fit, anything is better than nothing though I suppose...

bakajack said:
Rumour mill says a six month deal being considered. While Cullen has done a reasonable job substituting for Ginnelly its not his natural position and its not where we will get the most out of him and right wing is certainly a position with room for improvement in what we are getting on the pitch.

It would also improve Yates's performances if he had a winger who could attack full backs and put in crosses and cut backs for him to get on the end of. I have been banging on for about two months that lone striker with slow build up through the phases is not his game and it is surely obvious to many that his game is all about getting on the end of crosses or playing off a second striker.

If Bolasie would improve his game then I totally endorse this kind of short term deal.

I’d say 6 months make a lot more sense than 8 weeks. We need not just cover for positions but competition for them too.

On the subject of our current strikers - all 3 of them - they thrive on the ball on the deck through the channels which they got yesterday. None of them are aerial hold up players and that is where we struggle sometimes.

Kukreyavich (apologies) CAN do that but also would (along with Darling) be a considerable threat when Tymon knocks those noddable free kicks in from the left.

A word for Tymon - a lot around me slag him off and I agree that when he’s up against a good pacy right winger he struggles defensively. However he is great going forward and seems to pick out his team mates quite accurately (certainly yesterday) so another underdog I’m happy to champion (alongside Duff and of course Yates).

Swanjaxs said:
Pretty much scrapping the barrel and will probably take him one of his two months to get match fit, anything is better than nothing though I suppose...

What's the betting he pulls a hamstring in his first few games.

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/swansea-city-complete-signing-yannick-bolasie-short-term-contract?utm_source=swansea%20city&utm_medium=app&utm_campaign=android

Niigata Jack said:
And me now you mentioned it :shock:

He's 34 FFS! And coming from Turkish 2nd division. His wages/amount be interesting reading.

Played as a poacher last season in Turkey. If he can't torment fullbacks in their second tier is he likely to do it over here? 17 in 26 games still a pretty decent return if his legs have gone.

jasper_T said:
Played as a poacher last season in Turkey. If he can't torment fullbacks in their second tier is he likely to do it over here? 17 in 26 games still a pretty decent return if his legs have gone.

Hope we can get the ball to him then.

MIDDLESBROUGH v SWANSEA CITY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back